Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Album Art gets stuck when using Slacker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am on 34. What I found was that on that on the main screen (center screen) if you switch to music the album art will keep updating after the song changes and keeps updating as long as the main screen displays the music as well - this is true for both bluetooth and slacker and radio. The moment the audio screen stops displaying (say camera + maps or anything other than music it stops updating the album art on the dashboard behind the steering wheel. It works again on next song change after switching back to the audio/music display.

Just to put a finer point on the issue, since some on this thread seem to think it's permanently "stuck"...

To set the stage: Main screen showing full screen Map and cluster screen showing Media on left side. Album art matches song title while listening to Slacker streaming 80's Hits (as a known starting point). Use steering button to advance to next track. Song title updates appropriately, but album art remains on previous track. Switch to split main screen between Maps and Media and it shows the same mismatched album art and song title as the cluster does. Advance track again, the main split screen corrects itself as does the cluster. As long as I keep the main screen split with Media, it works normally. For those thinking it is stuck with no hope, display the Media app on the main screen and change track... voila, cluster screen is in sync again.

This behavior started in update 2018.34.1 and is still an issue in 2018.36.2.