Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Album Cover Art Bluetooth Missing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good Evening! I am so excited! Today I picked up my brand new Model 3 Standard Plus. I had an amazing day driving around learning the car.

One thing that I can't seem to figure out is when I am listening to either Apple Music or Spotify connected to my phone, I get no album artwork. My Nissan Altima had that. I cant seem to figure out where that setting is. I know the Standard plus doesn't have the streaming radio but the photos on the car purchase show the album artwork. Does anyone happen to know?

Other than that, I have never had more fun driving!

As others noted the car doesn't get the album art from Bluetooth, but instead uses the title, album name and artist to look up the art for itself. I've found that a lot of Spotify songs are titled something "<song title> - REMASTERED" or the albums are "<album title> - 20th anniversary release" and that breaks the album lookup code.

Personally I think both sides are in the wrong here...Tesla should just get the artwork via Bluetooth profile, and streaming services should just supply the plain name of the song/album.

Tesla really needs to improve their Bluetooth stack to add features commonly found on most other cars (long-press to bring up the phone's voice assistant, album artwork and progress meters for audio, etc.), but I'm not holding my breath.