Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alfa Romeo 4C vs. Alfa Romeo 4C (towed by a Model X P90D)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mspohr

Jul 27, 2014
California
Sterling Anderson, Tesla’s former Model X Program Director and now Autopilot Program Director

Fun fact: many high-performance cars cross the quarter mile line faster when towed by a Model X than they do on their own four wheels.

Fun experiment:

Load an Alpha Romeo 4C on a trailer
Hook that trailer up to a Model X.
Line up against another Alpha Romeo on its own feet.
Race said Alpha Romeo in a quarter mile.
Show Alpha Romeo who’s boss.
In your 6,000 lb SUV. While towing its twin brother.

Ridiculous Tesla Drag Race: Alfa Romeo vs Alfa Romeo being towed by a Model X

It would be even more hilarious if Alfa put the Model X on the Ring to see how long it takes for this 150,000 € car to get eaten by a 25,000 € Alfa Giulietta Diesel hatchback. I'm sure the Tesla fans would all see the funny side.

Okay. I think you miss the point. How long have gas and diesel cars been around? Over 100 years? How they work and what they can do is universally known. How many people know how an electric car works and what it can do? That is for both the positive and negative aspects of the car. Funny enough, most people will probably know the negatives of limited range and that it takes longer to "fill up." Something like this can generate a news article which will get people to question their preconceived notions of what an electric vehicle is. So don't take it personal, 99.9% of the vehicles out there still burn gasoline and diesel. Electrics are still the underdog by a long shot.

Reactions: Vitold
Totally ludicrous teaser video

Who are these people? ;)

From Electrek:

"Sterling Anderson, Tesla’s former Model X Program Director and now Autopilot Program Director, shared the video on his Facebook page and had this to say:

Fun fact: many high-performance cars cross the quarter mile line faster when towed by a Model X than they do on their own four wheels.

Fun experiment:

1. Load an Alpha Romeo 4C on a trailer
  2. Hook that trailer up to a Model X.
  3. Line up against another Alpha Romeo on its own feet.
  4. Race said Alpha Romeo in a quarter mile.
  5. Show Alpha Romeo who’s boss.
In your 6,000 lb SUV. While towing its twin brother."

Last edited:
Reactions: Trev Page
It would be even more hilarious if Alfa put the Model X on the Ring to see how long it takes for this 150,000 € car to get eaten by a 25,000 € Alfa Giulietta Diesel hatchback. I'm sure the Tesla fans would all see the funny side.

WTF are you talking about?

The Model X would slap around the Alfa to 60 and the 1/4 mile.

Petrolheads are funny.

• Disagree
Reactions: jackycheong and JER
He's talking about the Nurburgring. Which is a 14 mile track where the X would be power limited after the first minute or two. The P90DL X and S would both get annihilated by the 4C there. The 4C will do it in about 8 minutes, while the S is close to 9 let alone the X.

This is true. I have argued with petrolheads that a Model S and the Model X is more practical for your everyday driver. How many people actually drive at maximum for 14 miles? For most car buyers a Model S or Model X is crazy fast and more than they will ever need. If they really want a track car, the Model S and Model X aren't it. Track people already seem to know and understand this. I'm hoping the new Roadster will be a good EV track car.

Reactions: JER