Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Contacts Show Up As "Other"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I go to send a text all the contacts show up as other and not mobile or work. How do I fix this? Its annoying trying to text mobile and then I end up texting a landline because I chose the wrong other contact.

If it were myself I'd unpair the phone from the car then pair it back
If that didn't work I'd again unpair from the car, log out of the app, delete the app, restart the phone, download and reinstall the app, log back in an pair the phone back to the car

Hmmm, I am having same issue. I am new to Tesla. My contact list information is very strange. Some contact mobile numbers appear as "Mobile" but some contact mobile numbers (listed as mobile in my Samsung phone) appear as "Other." There is no pattern as to why. Also, if there are two or more numbers, I can't say "Call [name] mobile" or "Call [name] home"--I have to select on the screen. It also won't pull up the default number for those listed in my Favorites list.

SOLVED!!! some of my imported contacts, set the category like mobile work or other to all caps. MOBILE, WORK etc. on your phone, edit that contact and reset the phone number tag to something in its own category list that is not uppercase that fixed it. After doing that, you may have to delete your phone from the car and re-add it under the Bluetooth settings.

• Informative
Reactions: Randy-12
SOLVED!!! some of my imported contacts, set the category like mobile work or other to all caps. MOBILE, WORK etc. on your phone, edit that contact and reset the phone number tag to something in its own category list that is not uppercase that fixed it. After doing that, you may have to delete your phone from the car and re-add it under the Bluetooth settings.
Bumping this because I found this thread on Google and have the exact same problem in my new Tesla (most of my contacts show up under "Mobile" AND "Other") which means I have to touch the screen to make a dial because the same phone number is labeled as "other". I do not have any categories or labels in my contact list in ALL CAPS. Was there any other steps you took to resolve this issue other than the all caps?

Reactions: Therealm80