Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ALL CyberTruck discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Came here to find some of the many CT issues that Electrek reported today were "Flooding the forums"

Perhaps in the wrong thread, or...

Maybe just FUD.
There are quite a bit of steering failures or battery harness failures on the Cybertruck forum, but it's still a small percentage of the total delivered.

If there were between 2700-4000 delivered to customers, so far, there have been maybe 15-20 failures there. Not nothing, but not flooding.

Don’t dismiss these reports of failures as “few and far between”. These numbers are atrocious. 1 out of every 200 CTs with a major failure is a quality nightmare. The owner with a brand new broken down CT couldn’t give a *sugar*’s F&#% if 199 other trucks were fine. He has every right to be pissed off. And you should be afraid to order one because it could be your truck next.

Don’t dismiss these reports of failures as “few and far between”. These numbers are atrocious. 1 out of every 200 CTs with a major failure is a quality nightmare. The owner with a brand new broken down CT couldn’t give a *sugar*’s F&#% if 199 other trucks were fine. He has every right to be pissed off. And you should be afraid to order one because it could be your truck next.
Then don't order one. That's pretty simple. The few with problems will be fixed. Those who went first with other models knew what we were getting into, or should have. This is technology unavailable on any other vehicle. Every new model we've had trolls here complaining. You'd think after 10+ years they'd give up and move on.

I can concur that those of us with the earliest Model Ss or Roadsters, didn't need - after a not-very-long time of ownership - Autopilot, maps, or even be fully awake to get to their Service Stations.

I will say, however, that now that Tesla no longer bears the mantle of being a startup, new model rollouts should be at least a little better. But I'll always get to sit on the High Horse Special and claim it's because Tesla chose the lame 'n tame test site at the US Army's Fort Greely instead of our Real-Life location.

• Love
Reactions: EVCollies
Then don't order one. That's pretty simple. The few with problems will be fixed. Those who went first with other models knew what we were getting into, or should have. This is technology unavailable on any other vehicle. Every new model we've had trolls here complaining. You'd think after 10+ years they'd give up and move on.
Don't tell me what to do.

I feel like the guy(@CyberShy) with the Cybertruck as his avatar is gonna order one.

And I’ll bitch about quality and manufacturing defects and failures like others who have them and I won’t t take *sugar* from anyone who tries to dismiss my complaints as somehow “not a big deal” or “a small percentage” of trucks delivered.

Any defect comes on 100% of the vehicles I purchase if it occurs to me.

I downloaded a center cap and lugnut covers for the wheels to 3d print and the lugnut covers don’t work too well and were brittle. I started thinking about the aero covers and thought it’d be better if the lugnuts were not exposed. So I took some measurements, turned to sketch up and did a full cover. Omg why did they have to go with a 7 pointed star shape. That has to be one of the most difficult objects to work with in the world.

Let me know what you think. It’ll be 2 more days until I can keep them on. It’s a 12 hour print for each. :(

Attachments

• IMG_4008.jpeg
    IMG_4008.jpeg
    257.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4007.jpeg
    IMG_4007.jpeg
    438.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4006.jpeg
    IMG_4006.jpeg
    416 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
We’re on a trip back from Texas to Tennessee after seeing the eclipse in Texas and swing south to Tampa for a Bat Mitzvah.

So far this trip we saw our first Cybertruck in the wild in a Target parking lot near Austin. Then another on the Interstate in Texas. And yesterday one on the Interstate going into Tampa.

Glad to see they’re becoming a thing!

This is the accelerator pedal trim sliding off and jamming issue. It's a logical and required fix for a terrible oversight/quality problem.

• Tesla has issued a voluntary recall of 3,878 of its angular, metal Cybertruck vehicles.
  • The recall is to repair the “trapped pedal” issue seen in a viral TikTok video by Cybertruck owner Jose Martinez.
  • A pad on top of the Cybertruck’s accelerator pedal could come loose and get trapped in the interior trim causing “unintended acceleration,” according to a filing with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

Sensationalism aside, this is a serious problem that will be readily fixed and hasn't caused any injuries. The brake overrides the accelerator.

This is likely a supplier issue unless Tesla is trimming or assembling its own pedals which I find unlikely.

I find the number of CTs sold to be reasonable at this time at 3878.

Reactions: aerodyne
This is the accelerator pedal trim sliding off and jamming issue. It's a logical and required fix for a terrible oversight/quality problem.

Sensationalism aside, this is a serious problem that will be readily fixed and hasn't caused any injuries. The brake overrides the accelerator.

This is likely a supplier issue unless Tesla is trimming or assembling its own pedals which I find unlikely.

I find the number of CTs sold to be reasonable at this time at 3878.
epoxy for the DIYer?