Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All discussion of Rivian Automotive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rivian’s shares fell as much as 17% Thursday to $75.13 in New York before paring the loss. They were down 6.9% as of 11 a.m.

• Informative
Reactions: Buckminster
Adam Jonas $147 price target for Rivian while setting PT for Lucid at $12 back in October doesn’t sit right with me

"Rivian had requested a transfer of the battery making technology and also rights to inspect the interior of factories, they said, which was unacceptable to Samsung SDI."

Wow. If true.

Rivian acting as if they make 11M vehicles per year and Samsung is the startup.
given the chevy bolt problem and the fact that GM is now on the hook for billions due to its *contractor* (no matter how large they are) - yes, I find it quite ok to ask to tour and keep inspecting your subcontractor's buildings and work styles.

when so much is on the lline? yes. and when companies will do whatever they can to save a buck - yes, you NEED to micromanage some of them.

samsung is the famous company where things expire 1 day after the warranty ends (for consumer gear). I stopped buying samsung years ago after getting 'burned' by bad gear time and time again. designed to run JUST long enough. feh! I've had it with them for consumer gear. no more for me.

for cells, they are a big player but still, keep your contractors on a leash. its YOUR name that they will ruin if they pull a fast one.

Ouch. Soros down 42% on Rivian investment.

Wow. Even I realized that stock wasn't going anywhere before the end of the year and I sold all my Rivian at a tidy profit. If they had ramped production, there was a chance to save that stock price, but they didn't. Production still hasn't ramped...