Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Discussion re: Tesla Motors Website & Forums

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just missed the "+" option when I got my P85 (and all other upgrades since like parking sensors, folding mirrors etc) and did not complain or demand a retrofit. I understand their disappointment but to demand retro-fits etc is too much IMHO.

so NoMoDinos, what's up? What's on order? I'm thinking of trading my P85 for a S85D.

Tezzla! I just hit the confirm now button on a Blue P85D :)! This is what I've been waiting for, but it would hurt for you to give up that sweet P85 acceleration, man... although I'd bet that they're dogging the numbers by a few tenths of a second.

There is no "justify" with fine works of technological art, my friend, but the heart wants what the heart wants. How cool would it be for there to be two D's in our city??

Yeah, I can't get into it either, takes me right back to the home page. The site was down last night (about the same time as the presentation), but they at least had a message on the home page stating such. I figured it was an overload on folks looking for a way to log into the presentation, of which there wasn't one. That was not well communicated, but I don't think it deserved the punishment the stock got today... ;-)

It's probably just a coincidence. I feel for those who just received their cars in the last few weeks without the new sensors. I think they have a legitimate beef.

I got my car on 9/12 and I don't want the features or feel bad.

I "purchased" the car, as in made the purchasing decision, based on the specifications available in May.

The people complaining now made purchasing decisions months ago that they now regret because of the simple fact things do not remain static perpetually.

I don't have much sympathy for that position.

The only thing I got annoyed at Tesla about was providing bad dates for delivery when you'd think they'd have that worked out by now - or just not do it until the truck is scheduled to pick up the car.

The forums being down is probably due to a software defect being disclosed or repaired, or trying to keep the availability of the ordering site up. For being born of Silicon Valley, Tesla has some issues with IP network/server HA, but I haven't seen a job worth applying for to fix that for them (which is probably why). :p

Hi guys,
I was trying to post thank you's to @SamO and @Omarsultan for tweeting photos and comments on the teslamotors.com forum for those who could not attend Thursday's festivities. For a few minutes I was able to access it some time between 7 and 8 p.m. Pacific, then it defaulted to the shot of Tesla phone numbers with country flags shown.

Friday Oct 10 there was a new shot of a dark Model S/D with Autopilot and D ordering info. No amount of obsessive clicking on Forums would allow access.

Tesla might be redesigning that part of the website to enable Search (haha). Or, make us realize the addictive nature of that forum. I really miss it. The various boxes and drop downs on this forum are making me feel ...squished.

Claudia (@sbeggs)