Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Discussion re: Tesla Motors Website & Forums

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quite a lot of new info as well. Autopilot is now described in much more detail and with images to explain further. Supercharger-pages much improved as well. Model x-page seems almost gone so I assume something big is coming there soon...

edit: and they have finally updated estimated range for the P85D in Norway. Now showing 480km as opposed to 502km for the standard.

Too bad the autopilot does not do any of that stuff now ;)

- - - Updated - - -

awww, no more "horn beep beep"

I did always find that funny as well.

Website redesign

I noticed that the Tesla Motors | Premium Electric Vehicles website has a redesign and that they have updated the Supercharger page (among other things). They've also added a section on the My Tesla page for folks wanting to trade in a vehicle (allowing you to enter some basic details about the car to be traded in). Overall, I like the look. Anyone else find anything else useful/interesting with the redesign?

- - - Updated - - -

I also see they are showing their "charging partners" as a selectable option on the Supercharger maps. Good stuff!

I've noticed the last few versions as well as the new version as of today (Jan 11, 2015) has no section for accessories and apparel at all on the Canadian site, and now, on the U.S. Site, it looks to be hidden under the Support page. I know you can go to shop.teslamotors.com but they seem to be trying to make it hard to find!

Also interesting to see that they describe the theoretical situation that Elon described in the keynote with the car driving out to meet you!

Change to the Model S page to include "Executive Seats"

ui_option_executive_second_row_seats_large.jpg

Will be nice when they offer the rear console as an accessory those with the rear bench seat. Not in the store as of this AM. I wonder if this version, in the Executive, has power/USB ports? Has to, right?

I would hope so, but don't hold your breath. From the description:

"Customize your Model S cabin with private and comfortable executive rear seats. Both leather wrapped seats include two zone heaters and are separated by a wide center console with hidden storage. Rear seat passengers can control media, climate and panoramic roof settings with the Tesla app."

That, to me, says there is no power being sent to the back for those things. You are going to have to pull up your phone to manipulate the heaters and the media settings. I wish they would add a rear media center in the car. I saw a decent one added aftermarket that was positioned right behind the armrests. I would think that would be a good place for it. Stick one there, make it at least the width of the armrests, and provide power options below it. Make it an option for like 1,000$ and call it a day (or just include it with the premium interior package or some such...)

So I take it back, rear entertainment and vented/AC'd seating and then they have everything they could need to make it a full on luxury car ;)

I've noticed the last few versions as well as the new version as of today (Jan 11, 2015) has no section for accessories and apparel at all on the Canadian site, and now, on the U.S. Site, it looks to be hidden under the Support page. I know you can go to shop.teslamotors.com but they seem to be trying to make it hard to find!
This must've been an oversight, either that or it is a terrible design choice. I noticed this the other day when I wanted to go look at accessories.

I work in eCommerce, but you don't need to be in that field to realize that the more mouse clicks you put between your product & a customer, the less conversion to sales you'll get. Also, hiding sales in the support section is not a good idea. I realize accessory sales is not their #1 priority, but having owners (and fans who are non-owners) buying your branded gear is a good way to get your name out there when you don't advertise traditionally.

This must've been an oversight, either that or it is a terrible design choice. I noticed this the other day when I wanted to go look at accessories.

I work in eCommerce, but you don't need to be in that field to realize that the more mouse clicks you put between your product & a customer, the less conversion to sales you'll get. Also, hiding sales in the support section is not a good idea. I realize accessory sales is not their #1 priority, but having owners (and fans who are non-owners) buying your branded gear is a good way to get your name out there when you don't advertise traditionally.

The accessories have been difficult to find on the Canadian site for a while. If it was me, and assuming they actually want to sell lost of merchandise, I would also add a link (besides whichever one they put front and center) on the myTesla dashboard. Sort of a "While you are waiting" type of thing. I'm embarrassed to say how much merch I've bought just indulging myself while waiting for the car. Not just for me either, several people in my family now have Tesla merch.