Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Discussion re: Tesla Motors Website & Forums

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's not impressive at all, that's called something else entirely. And I'm definitely not impressed by your post.

You're not alone. Very poor signal to noise ratio second perhaps only to Brian H., but at least they banned Brian H. I suppose it's just a matter of time.

Edit: Gah. Second part didn't paste:

Even if this is a domain-level effort, as referenced above there are other, albeit less likely penetration possibilities. It's good practice to change passwords periodically, and right after this episode is deemed concluded counts as periodically. That's also pretty much all that we as users can do, aside from continuing to ask for two-factor authentication and to use secure proxies/tunneling, if so inclined.

Frustrating.

Last edited:
image.jpg
I first saw it on my car browser. It was a picture of a red tesla with three faces.

text said "your tesla has been hacked. Talk about spooky.

You're not alone. Very poor signal to noise ratio second perhaps only to Brian H., but at least they banned Brian H. I suppose it's just a matter of time.

Edit: Gah. Second part didn't paste:

Even if this is a domain-level effort, as referenced above there are other, albeit less likely penetration possibilities. It's good practice to change passwords periodically, and right after this episode is deemed concluded counts as periodically. That's also pretty much all that we as users can do, aside from continuing to ask for two-factor authentication and to use secure proxies/tunneling, if so inclined.

Frustrating.

This is exactly why this is an issue. I suggest Tesla needs to be concerned with having their server and hence cars hacked and you guys are suggesting that I be banned? Astonishing.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like they are back up... Both the mobile app and teslamotors.com are working...

Not working for me. I flushed all my dns caches as well. It could take some time for the correction to spread to all the servers....if this is really a DNS hijacking issue that is.

They fixed the record at the root already.

DNS servers switched to:
UDNS1.ULTRADNS.NET
UDNS2.ULTRADNS.NET

nslookup shows both are pointing to: 205.234.27.220 (previously was 188.226.230.145)

A couple of hours ago, the nameservers were set to:
NS11.CLOUDNS.NET
NS12.CLOUDNS.NET
NS13.CLOUDNS.NET
NS14.CLOUDNS.NET

Who knows how long it will take to propagate through to everyone. My local DNS for AT&T is still directing me to the incorrect IP when going to teslamotors.com

Also, it seems Tesla uses Akamai for caching, so going to http://www.teslamotors.com (important to have www part in front) more chances than not would work because that will show a cached copy of the site from Akamai's server (at least it does for me).

Last edited:
This is exactly why this is an issue. I suggest Tesla needs to be concerned with having their server and hence cars hacked and you guys are suggesting that I be banned? Astonishing.

Who are 'you guyS'? I didn't see a suggestion for your banning but rather a prediction, and I suspect that was based on a collection of your posts, not just the one being referenced. Regardless, only one person posted on that subject, so there is no 'you guyS'.

I suggest Tesla knows far better than you what they need to be concerned about.

THANK YOU to all the experts who explained this in simple terms throughout today. I have plenty of faith in Tesla's security that nothing could happen to my car but it's nice to be reassured by folks I "know".

The biggest issue for Tesla may be the impact on sales due to the website being down and folks who see this as a risk to their personal data or their vehicle.