Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All of My Tesla Problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know if it is just me, but my 2016 Model S has had plenty of problems. Not sure if I can do anything about this as for some I have brought the Tesla into the service center and they say they "can't reproduce". When I first purchased the car, I was told that for service I would be able to have the car picked up and dropped back off with a loaner, however, now my service center (an hour away from me) is saying that they won't do that anymore. I have also had a time where I was told I would get a loaner car but they "forgot to charge it" so I ended up not getting a Tesla loaner.

1. Passenger window is leaking. Haven't seen service center about this yet.
IMG_0030.jpg

2. The headlights were not fully lighting up. Went to the service center about this and then got the car back a few days later. They didn't fix it so had to send it back to them again. They're working now.
IMG_0169.JPG
IMG_0170.JPG

3. Sunroof rattles when it opens. Haven't gone to service center yet

4. Steering wheel locked. Couldn't drive the car. Went to the service center and they had the car for 6 weeks. They replaced the drivers seat...

5. Hazard light button not lighting up like it used to

6. The passenger window switch was not working intermittently but not gonna bother bringing it to Tesla because they won't be able to reproduce.

7. Also, there is a high pitched noise but can't seem to find the video of it. Tesla couldn't reproduce the noise.

Attachments

• IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    660.9 KB · Views: 83
My 2016(recently sold) was pretty perfect. When there was an issue(close to 50 k miles I pointed a couple things out due to getting close to end of warranty) they simply replaced everything I mentioned. My service center is in Dedham, MA...love those guys!

• Disagree
Reactions: CarbonFree
I don't know if it is just me, but my 2016 Model S has had plenty of problems. Not sure if I can do anything about this as for some I have brought the Tesla into the service center and they say they "can't reproduce". When I first purchased the car, I was told that for service I would be able to have the car picked up and dropped back off with a loaner, however, now my service center (an hour away from me) is saying that they won't do that anymore. I have also had a time where I was told I would get a loaner car but they "forgot to charge it" so I ended up not getting a Tesla loaner.

View attachment 327547

2. The headlights were not fully lighting up. Went to the service center about this and then got the car back a few days later. They didn't fix it so had to send it back to them again. They're working now.
View attachment 327548 View attachment 327549

4. Steering wheel locked. Couldn't drive the car. Went to the service center and they had the car for 6 weeks. They replaced the drivers seat...

6. The passenger window switch was not working intermittently but not gonna bother bringing it to Tesla because they won't be able to reproduce.

7. Also, there is a high pitched noise but can't seem to find the video of it. Tesla couldn't reproduce the noise.
Dude you should print this out with photos and talk to service head.... say you need a loaner

Yes, I would make sure I would speak to a service centre manager. I had issues as well and as emails were not responded to I simply called the standard roadside support and explained I could not find any other way to get somebody's attention. We got a call from the local service centre manager the same day and all was solved.

View attachment 327547

View attachment 327548 View attachment 327549

Unreal! Sounds like you need to be an asshole at this point since they are def giving you the run around. If I was you I would tell them they need to replace that piece of sh.. lemon! Seriously tho with all those issues that car is def faulty. All dealerships are the same, take ur kindness for weakness. Once you let them know you have had enough with all the bullshit and need to start hitting them where it always hurts them the most. Start leaving terrible feedback on every possible review you can find until they get the picture. Have had friends with other car manufacturers have the same issues cuz they didn’t go in there with the right mindset (Ur not leaving until ur issues r resolved) and got dicked around until they started leaving awful reviews on yelp, Facebook, google, etc. Honestly I would go in there and not leave until they replace the entire car with a different one. Bring a lawn chair and sit outside and let every potential customer walking in know how awful their service is and all the problems ur having with no help from anyone that works there. That will get their attention real quick!

Unreal! Sounds like you need to be an asshole at this point since they are def giving you the run around. If I was you I would tell them they need to replace that piece of sh.. lemon! Seriously tho with all those issues that car is def faulty. All dealerships are the same, take ur kindness for weakness. Once you let them know you have had enough with all the bullshit and need to start hitting them where it always hurts them the most. Start leaving terrible feedback on every possible review you can find until they get the picture. Have had friends with other car manufacturers have the same issues cuz they didn’t go in there with the right mindset (Ur not leaving until ur issues r resolved) and got dicked around until they started leaving awful reviews on yelp, Facebook, google, etc. Honestly I would go in there and not leave until they replace the entire car with a different one. Bring a lawn chair and sit outside and let every potential customer walking in know how awful their service is and all the problems ur having with no help from anyone that works there. That will get their attention real quick!

The lawn chair thing is great lol. But he is right. It’s time to start notifying other service centers or escalating the issue through your portal to get into contact with a service mananger. They won’t take my car back and I have so many more problems I swear you can end up needing a lawyer

Little update to my post a few months later. All the following took place at Cherry Hill service center. They couldn't replicate the window leaking and then once we told them to go back and do it again they were able to reproduce it during the wash, but said it was normal and they weren't going to replace it. Going back a third time, they said that the 1/4 window was misaligned and "fixed" that. Now there is even more wind nose than before and the window still leaks. Somehow when they did this they also messed up the door. The door was not fully attached when we went to pick up the car and so the service guy said that one of the clamps was bent and broken and all the technicians were gone so he couldn't get the part. He just slammed it in. We have had to do this a few times as the door keeps getting detached. Also, the part that is inside of the door handle randomly fell off when opening the door one time. Tesla replaced both headlights, the USB port, the dashboard, and added oil to the sunroof to stop the rattling all under warranty. Now we are having even more issues. Bluetooth almost never works. Attached is a video of a timelapse of it initializing forever. Have tried removing all devices and doing a reboot. I have brought this up at the service center many times. I even called on January 31st, they said they would have it escalated. February 12th I responded to the email asking for an update and still have not heard back. Tonight I tried to call Tesla but after 1 hour of being on hold I gave up. The driver seat rubs up against the center console and back seat passengers constantly hear the rubbing of the seat.
Really stuck at what to do here