Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All things Austin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you feel about the 30 on the rear? I worry it's going to be too dark so I'm trying to decide between the 50 and the 30...

I was honestly hesitant at first since I had the same concern as you where I didn’t want the top part of the rear windshield to be too dark and defeat the purpose of the panoramic roof but to me it feels fine. Noticeably darker but not dark enough that I can still see what’s above me pretty well. I honestly wouldn’t go any darker than 30% on the rears though.

I don't know about his PPF work, that's a more recent addition to his services, but lots of Tesla owners in Austin (including myself) have used him for detailing and ceramic coating ever since the first Model S in 2012. I think Cosmin does excellent detailing work and that's the unanimous opinion of the Austin owners who have used him over the years. He will teach you how to hand wash your car properly to maintain the finish he gives it.

Similar to @patoirish 's question, has anyone used ProReflection Austin Auto Detail for anything, and can provide a positive review? Evaluating them for PPF and ceramic coating.
Cosmin did ceramic coating for me about 4 years ago. I thought he did a great job. Not sure when he started doing PPF, but by then he was offering PPF installs. I've heard nothing but positive things about his services.

Reactions: tyfosho
Not sure if this is the absolute best place for this post, but it does say "ALL THINGS Austin", so. :p

I'm looking at a 2017 X90D at a dealership in the Austin area (Round Rock). Would any kind soul be available to go by and eyeball it for me? I'm in SC, and would probably end up needing to buy sight unseen and have it shipped. PM me if you can help!
I'm in RR, which dealership are you referencing? If I can swing by there, maybe I can get some pics for you.

So did anyone decide and go through with PPF? Any suggestions? Looking to get tint and that done ASAP but I already have some good tint suggestions in this thread.
We will be using Authentic Details in Pflugerville, aka ClearBra North Austin. They are going to do our Paint Correction, PPF and Window Tint. They also offer a Veteran's Discount @10%.

We take delivery of our car (hopefully) on 9/27 and we plan to drop the car off on our way home and have them get started on the protection before we my wife begins her daily commute to Temple.

Powerwall is really for those who want to go off the grid. i know some hippies in Dripping Springs who live like that.

One thing to keep in mind if you're with Austin Energy is that they still charge you for charging up your Powerwall/battery bank, whether it's sourced from the grid OR your solar array. So the only benefit you get from a Powerwall or battery bank is the option to have power if there's a grid blackout.

One thing to keep in mind if you're with Austin Energy is that they still charge you for charging up your Powerwall/battery bank, whether it's sourced from the grid OR your solar array. So the only benefit you get from a Powerwall or battery bank is the option to have power if there's a grid blackout.
Does AE even allow power wall? Or do they only allow it if it does not back feed onto the grid (which would not benefit anyway as it's grid power anyway).

So did anyone decide and go through with PPF? Any suggestions? Looking to get tint and that done ASAP but I already have some good tint suggestions in this thread.
I'm pretty sure I'm going with Duane at XPEL. I already have my appointment scheduled so I can, hopefully, just drive off the lot and go drop off my car to be stealth PPF wrapped and tinted