Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Used Model X Priced the SAME!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure what you mean by this 'daily update'? All eight cars were removed at the same time, 6:32pm.

That's what I mean, maybe the inventory is refreshed at a set time.

I claimed one of those 8 cars at like 8am but it remained on there until 6:32pm. I'm guessing I'm not the only one and perhaps all 8 were claimed at some point.

That's what I mean, maybe the inventory is refreshed at a set time.

I claimed one of those 8 cars at like 8am but it remained on there until 6:32pm. I'm guessing I'm not the only one and perhaps all 8 were claimed at some point.

The site is updated constantly from Tesla's website. While the car detail page might have been de-activated when you ordered it, it was still listed on the listings pages until 6:32pm. This is also very common.

As somebody that's been driving a Tesla since 2013 (first the Roadster, now a 90D Model X), my experience is that the "best deal" is the one that involves a Tesla in your driveway that does what you need it to do. I have no doubt that today's Model X is a lot better than the one I got 2 years ago. But a lot better is something like the difference between a 9.5 or a 9.7 on a 10 point scale - you're awfully well off either way.

It's still the best car I've owned and driven on a regular basis by a long shot, and it's still a great car to drive.

And in 2 years, when whatever refresh comes to Model X after Raven comes along, it'll be even that much better than it is today, or it was 2 years ago, or the 2 years before that. No matter how it falls out, it's a great car at a falling price.

So you'll pretty much constantly have a reason to wait, sort of how cell phones were advancing so fast and furious early on, thereby providing a reason to not buy yet (because next year's phones will be so much better than this year's phones).

For myself - I think I've achieved peace by thinking about just how amazing the car is going to be when the loan is finally paid off in 4 or 5 years; that'll be when it's time to look at selling the current Model X, and getting all of the accumulated goodies in a new Model X at that time :).
Great information. Definitely a good way to look at it.

Interesting. These 100D’s with six seats and white interior are only 8-10 cheaper than new and with the discounts ... I just don’t see it worth going used.

Or are you talking about 1.0 hardware?
No, at least up until recently, a good OA could hunt you down great deals on Inventory models. Obviously rn the selection that can be seen on EV-CPO is not good.

No, at least up until recently, a good OA could hunt you down great deals on Inventory models. Obviously rn the selection that can be seen on EV-CPO is not good.

Reached out to an OA that took me for a test drive a few months ago to search the new inventory. Hopefully he can find me something good in the coming weeks. I don't know if it was in this thread or another but a user got a great deal on a Demo model with low miles.

Reactions: dragonxt
Reached out to an OA that took me for a test drive a few months ago to search the new inventory. Hopefully he can find me something good in the coming weeks. I don't know if it was in this thread or another but a user got a great deal on a Demo model with low miles.
If it's been months I suggest you find a new OA. AFAIK any OA in the country can work with you over email, and I seem to recall there be a thread or user that had the contacts for a few good ones known for making available certain cars not listed.

If it's been months I suggest you find a new OA. AFAIK any OA in the country can work with you over email, and I seem to recall there be a thread or user that had the contacts for a few good ones known for making available certain cars not listed.

Oh man, if you have any info on this that would be rad. I'm just communicating with the one that took me for a test drive down here in LA. If there are better ones out there, I'd love to get their contact info.

The site is updated constantly from Tesla's website. While the car detail page might have been de-activated when you ordered it, it was still listed on the listings pages until 6:32pm. This is also very common.
I'm just explaining that it may have been removed from listing because it was purchased. And perhaps the others were too.

Best deals are usually end of quarter inventory cars, which wouldn't be until September.

Not necessarily. This year, the best time to buy was April and May. In April Tesla started cutting MS prices on the high end PL and allowed people to remove L to save another $20K. So many bought MS P100Ds in $70K range. In May, they gave out L for free to existing S/X owners and started cutting MX prices. When that didn't work fast enough, they added FUSC which really pushed many people over. By the time June rolled around, there's not much inventory left. So most people who were waiting until June to buy didn't get the best deals. In fact, I know many were rushing to buy one before Fed tax change and end of FUSC.

• Informative
Reactions: redgt
Not necessarily. This year, the best time to buy was April and May. In April Tesla started cutting MS prices on the high end PL and allowed people to remove L to save another $20K. So many bought MS P100Ds in $70K range. In May, they gave out L for free to existing S/X owners and started cutting MX prices. When that didn't work fast enough, they added FUSC which really pushed many people over. By the time June rolled around, there's not much inventory left. So most people who were waiting until June to buy didn't get the best deals. In fact, I know many were rushing to buy one before Fed tax change and end of FUSC.
That's why my service center has been out of loaners for months!

Hold on.. if the selection on EV-CPO is "not good" that means the selection on Tesla.com is "not good", as EV-CPO lists every car that's listed on Tesla's own website. The selection is actually quite good as I have people constantly telling me how they found the car of their dreams from the website or from email alerts generated from the website. Sure, since the inception of the CPO/used and Inventory programs Tesla has always held back cars that they never list online and are only accessible to sales associates. But that doesn't make the online selection "not good". I will always recommend to people to use both methods to find a car that fits their criteria, and the car they buy could come from either source.

I'm just explaining that it may have been removed from listing because it was purchased. And perhaps the others were too.

It happens quite frequently that large batches of cars are removed all at once. EV-CPO constantly scans the Tesla website for changes (not 'hourly' or 'daily'). This example is only eight cars because the source data is only the screen shot in the first post of 22 cars. Both the original number of cars priced at $82,900 and the number of cars removed in bulk at 6:32 are likely much higher. Somehow I doubt that all eight cars were all sold within minutes of each other.

Hold on.. if the selection on EV-CPO is "not good" that means the selection on Tesla.com is "not good", as EV-CPO lists every car that's listed on Tesla's own website. The selection is actually quite good as I have people constantly telling me how they found the car of their dreams from the website or from email alerts generated from the website. Sure, since the inception of the CPO/used and Inventory programs Tesla has always held back cars that they never list online and are only accessible to sales associates. But that doesn't make the online selection "not good". I will always recommend to people to use both methods to find a car that fits their criteria, and the car they buy could come from either source.

It happens quite frequently that large batches of cars are removed all at once. EV-CPO constantly scans the Tesla website for changes (not 'hourly' or 'daily'). This example is only eight cars because the source data is only the screen shot in the first post of 22 cars. Both the original number of cars priced at $82,900 and the number of cars removed in bulk at 6:32 are likely much higher. Somehow I doubt that all eight cars were all sold within minutes of each other.

I'm not saying your website is updated daily. I'm saying tesla's listings may have updated in batch. Why that would imply they were sold within minutes of each other is beyond me.

I watched the listings for several desirable $82,900 cars get sold throughout the day. And then at 6:32 they disappeared from the listings.

Not sure why this is hard to grasp. I'm not saying it's one way or the other but you are presenting it as strong evidence that a mistake was being rectified. I'm saying at least several of those cars were sold during the day. Perhaps they all were.