Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Weather Mats only $200 full set at the Tesla Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love these WeatherTech mats and have used them in my cars for years now. They are great for keeping snow/slush from running off the sides as it would with conventional rubber mats and ruining the carpet with salt stains.

I'm curious though... I take mine out in the summer and use a nice set of Lloyd's carpet mats. I just think the carpets look and feel nicer. Do others with the WeatherTech mats take them out in summer or do you use them all year?

I use the floor liners all year in Houston. My shoes track soil that I don't want on the carpet. I prefer the feel of carpet but haven't had good luck with carpet mats remaining free from stains.

I use the floor liners all year in Houston. My shoes track soil that I don't want on the carpet. I prefer the feel of carpet but haven't had good luck with carpet mats remaining free from stains.

But that's why you have floor mats. After 5 years they look like crap so you buy a new set. The all weather liners stop the tracked in snow from melting and running under the mats to stain the original carpet.

If shoes get really muddy after a hike or sporting event they go in the trunk (where I have all weather mats because of snow melt from ski boots, skis, etc).

But that's why you have floor mats. After 5 years they look like crap so you buy a new set. The all weather liners stop the tracked in snow from melting and running under the mats to stain the original carpet.

If shoes get really muddy after a hike or sporting event they go in the trunk (where I have all weather mats because of snow melt from ski boots, skis, etc).
Floor mats look like crap after a short time. I don't want dirty mats that get ugly in my car. The floor liners are very easy to keep clean. Floor mats don't prevent dirt from migrating to the carpet.

Floor mats look like crap after a short time. I don't want dirty mats that get ugly in my car. The floor liners are very easy to keep clean. Floor mats don't prevent dirt from migrating to the carpet.

I actually tried putting the carpet mats on top of the floor liners, but they slide around too much. I have a buddy that keeps his WeatherTechs in all year, but I just prefer the look and feel of carpet mats in the summer when I can.

We must either have different use cases or different tolerance levels. After a year of use (including 12 weekends of muddy ski parking lots) my mats still look good ... after a spring shampoo, of course.

We must either have different use cases or different tolerance levels. After a year of use (including 12 weekends of muddy ski parking lots) my mats still look good ... after a spring shampoo, of course.

I am happy that you prefer carpet mats. I also had little tolerance for the original Tesla mat flopping over on the passenger side. I have used carpet mats for cars for decades. Now that I have floor liners, I won't use carpet mats again. I also have thick rubber mats in my 2014 Volt. They lay flat and don't move around like carpet mats.

I also had little tolerance for the original Tesla mat flopping over on the passenger side.

I see I am not alone one this one. I find myself reverse rolling it, holding it for a while, then putting it back it. That only lasts for a bit though.

I bought the all-weather mats too but I am currently only using the frunk and trunk ones, which will always stay in. When I go to use the all-weather ones, are people using the holders that go into the floor, or do they stay in place without them? How difficult are they to install? I might have the service centre do it so I don't screw it up.

I am happy that you prefer carpet mats. I also had little tolerance for the original Tesla mat flopping over on the passenger side. I have used carpet mats for cars for decades. Now that I have floor liners, I won't use carpet mats again. I also have thick rubber mats in my 2014 Volt. They lay flat and don't move around like carpet mats.

Yeah, I sprung for the premium carpet mats. The originals were crappy.

I see I am not alone one this one. I find myself reverse rolling it, holding it for a while, then putting it back it. That only lasts for a bit though.

I bought the all-weather mats too but I am currently only using the frunk and trunk ones, which will always stay in. When I go to use the all-weather ones, are people using the holders that go into the floor, or do they stay in place without them? How difficult are they to install? I might have the service centre do it so I don't screw it up.

I didn't try them without the holders. They were easy to screw into the floor.

I wasn't going to drill or screw anything. Work great drop in, and easy grab to spray off, smack a few times, and back in. Need some tire dressing to shine them up a bit. They are the only way to go with snow and winter boots. Probably leave them in all year.

I have had the all weather mats for a month, and they stay in place without the holders. I didn't want to screw anything into the floor of the car, so I didn't use the holders.

Anyone purchase the Tesla interior all weather mats lately? I want to get for my new car but says sold out on the Tesla store site. I left them in the my first MS when I sold it, thinking I could just buy a new set.

I must have bought one of the last sets before they sold out. The have arrived but they are still in the box awaiting the 70D. We the same Weathertech mats in our BMW X1 and they are terrific. I verified yesterday that the Tesla all weather mats are definitely Weathertech - with a Tesla logo. Sorry you missed out but they should eventually be back in stock.