Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ALMOST HERE, From order to Delivery in 17 DAYS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately this just means that there isn't much of a reservationlist anymore in the US don't know if it's a good sign that Tesla only has a reservation pile of 17 days left. Good we europeans kick in soon ;)

I hope you didn't get the idea that my original order was processed in 16 days.
I had paid my deposit, and changed the car's color from Silver to Grey.
Somewhere in the ACTUAL ordering process, I had NOT checked the 85 kWh battery (box), and that to me was probably the most critical/central feature on the the car, due to the extended range.

When I spoke with my Service Advisor on that Friday, I pleaded with him to get the 85 kWh battery (Critical Item), I nearly had to cancel my order and would have lost my deposit.
And then I would have to start all over with the ordering process.
Somehow with the Good Luck (I somehow have), his manager was able to locate TWO new completed MSs sitting there at the factory, ALREADY built, almost everything I desired, just a gloss finish on the wood dash in lieu of the matte finish (my original selection).

They were probably:
(A) built as Loaner cars for one of the Service Centers, or
(B) maybe someone got their financing cross-ways and the cars were already in production before that was finalized.

Either way, I entrusted the Service Advisor to make the FINAL selection of the Grey color (I do love it!) because I had not seen neither the Grey nor the Blue (on a car), and he had.

From all the other posts and information I have, it TYPICALLY takes 2 months to order and process and build and deliver YOUR MS.
Blind faith, good luck, who knows.
So, I do love the car....

But word to the wise: be sure to double and triple-check your order form before you submit it with your deposit.
You may not be as fortunate as I was.

Finally have a chance to breathe again.
I contacted an electrician, he will be here the week after the July 4th week to install the 240V outlet in the garage.
I took the 240 V plug with me to Home Depot to make sure I had the correct plug configuration and every thing would fit.
(Sure will be nice to finally get the batteries fully charged: 110V may be enough to fully charge your phone at night, but it can't keep up with me running around town in 100 degree Texas heat and both A/C unit cranking out cold air.)

Really love the car, daily getting more used to lots of the features and size.
My former car was BMW 135i, so where it could squirt and squeeze almost anywhere, I really have to strategically guide my MS into (full size) parking spots and my garage.
MS is very smooth, silent and sleek to drive on the road, really like the bit of zip it has if needed.

Lots of people have genuine questions about the car, most are really interesting in learning more.
Everyone who is truly interested is enthusiastic about it, all think it is beautiful.

Can't wait for the 240 V outlet to be installed in my garage and the two upcoming Superchargers (in Texas) to get installed so I can take a mini-road trip.

Two weeks and One Day of ownership.

Holiday weekend ahead: Maybe catch up around the house, and due to a cool front am enjoying the pleasure of driving without A/C.
And without the radio on, with the windows down.
Car is awesomely quiet around town, still a rocket when it needs to be.

Finally: actual range and anticipated range correspond, at least according to the energy management graphs.
Driving with A/C ON and ALL that excess Summer heat really impacts range of car.

Gave my first test drive to colleague at work yesterday: he is smitten.
He went on Tesla site last night and decked out a car to see what it would run him.
"His next car"
Seed is planted, gonna give a couple more rides and drives as they occur.

Wondering how is the difference to BMW 135 in terms of parking? Is it a lot of a hassle?

Parking the MS has been a dose of super-sizing and does take a bit of strategy, that was never required in the 135i.

The Bimmer is relatively tiny (on the outside), both in width and length, has a very tight turning radius.
Mirrors are motorized and can be retracted in very tight spaces if needed (and sometimes it is).
It is a coupe, so the doors are a bit longer than you might expect.
It will fit in any Compact Parking space.

Net result:
Normal-size parking spaces, no difference, with a bit of being more careful in the MS.
Smaller and compact parking spaces: Forget it. With the MS I definitely move on to something a bit more suitable.

OH, just realized Yesterday, I had only put my deposit down for my MS a MONTH ago on June 2.
Time flys when you're having fun.

Congrats on your new car!

You can get an online "refresher" of the orientation with the series of videos Tesla recently uploaded on their site:

http://www.teslamotors.com/models/walkthrough

Thanks.

I had viewed most of the videos before picking my car up, but there is a lot of information to absorb.
Hands-on use and recalling it is easier with an actual dash and car to practice with.
Now to IMPLEMENT all that great information, on a daily basis (not while driving of course)...

Had this Friday off, electrician came and installed new 240 V outlet: things are finally humming/charging at a reasonable rate/speed.
HIGHLY recommended, in lieu of a standard 110V outlet.

AND i had a minor mishap with a parking concrete wheel stop this week: A piece of rebar was sticking up through it at the top.
It nearly took the chin spoiler and the rest of the front bumper off of the MS.

After my initial shock(!) I gathered up all the plastic pins and pieces, called the local CS, and (Bless Them), they got the car on a lift and virtually restored my car to working order.
I still need to visit a body shop for supplemental service, but they (Jack and Toby) were a LIFE SAVER.
Probably would have still made it home, but only on side streets, traveling under 35 mph.

Last edited: