Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative mobile app Tessie

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So stupid, why would anyone trust a third party app to control your car like this? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
As Tesla opens up their systems to other manufacturers - for charging and for FSD for example - third party apps are only going to become more prevalent. Tesla isn't going to get into the business of building apps that accommodate control of third party EVs that are going to utilize the Tesla SC network - and as Musk recently mentioned that Tesla is in early talks for a major OEM to adopt FSD - whatever apps the OEM manufacturer uses will require integration via the Tesla API (likely a version of the API that doesn't even exist yet). Only time will tell how exactly Tesla allows for these third party integrations, but using a third party app that is using the exact same APIs that the Tesla app itself is using, doesn't really mean what you're surmising here. API extensions have been around as a core programming concept and method of allowing third party code access for a few decades now, this is a time tested and proven method of allowing secure access to any system - at least as a general rule.

• Helpful
Reactions: wsoxjoe
I'm new to my 2023 Tesla MYLR, and wanted to delve into stats a bit. But I need another subscription fee, like I need another hole in my head. So I was interested in trying the free tier of TezLab. But I've seen that some of these stats app can cause battery drain. I was wondering if TezLab is known for causing these problem?

Also, if I decide I no longer want to use TezLab, how do I de-authorize it from my cars account? I'm guessing its done on the Tesla website, under account settings, Security, Third Party Apps? (Account Settings)

I just wanted to verify both of these things before signing up. Thank you.

You can do that now with the Tesla app because it supports Shortcuts. And it's free.

No, I don't see that anywhere on the watch. No Tesla Watch app, or Watch shortcuts. The only shortcuts for Tesla that I know of are in the apple shortcuts menu and siri voice commands.

Tessie has an actual Watch app, and a literal button shortcut I can press right on my main watch screen. No scrolling or anything, just tap the watch face with 1 press.

I'm new to my 2023 Tesla MYLR, and wanted to delve into stats a bit. But I need another subscription fee, like I need another hole in my head. So I was interested in trying the free tier of TezLab. But I've seen that some of these stats app can cause battery drain. I was wondering if TezLab is known for causing these problem?

Also, if I decide I no longer want to use TezLab, how do I de-authorize it from my cars account? I'm guessing its done on the Tesla website, under account settings, Security, Third Party Apps? (Account Settings)

I just wanted to verify both of these things before signing up. Thank you.
I use TezLab, as I mention waaayyy above. When you open the app, if the car is sleeping, it will indicate that and you have the option to wake it up. But it also has all of the data from previous drives, so really no reason to do that. So there should not be any drain because of it, and I have not noticed any. As long as any app you're using allows the car to sleep, there shouldn't be any drain from it.

Reactions: fsb1
No, I don't see that anywhere on the watch. No Tesla Watch app, or Watch shortcuts. The only shortcuts for Tesla that I know of are in the apple shortcuts menu and siri voice commands.

Tessie has an actual Watch app, and a literal button shortcut I can press right on my main watch screen. No scrolling or anything, just tap the watch face with 1 press.
You create a new shortcut in the Shortcuts app, all it does is run the Tesla shortcut for the function you want. Then you add that shortcut to your Watch.

You'll see it in your Watch's Home app and you can run it from the Watch directly or via Siri.

You create a new shortcut in the Shortcuts app, all it does is run the Tesla shortcut for the function you want. Then you add that shortcut to your Watch.

You'll see it in your Watch's Home app and you can run it from the Watch directly or via Siri.

It's a very roundabout way of doing things, but I was able to get it to work on my watch. However, I don't see a way to change the icons other than the color. It just uses the generic shortcuts icon for each button. So you have to know what it is. I have it set to Open Frunk and Unlock Doors icons.

IMG_0003.png