Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternatives to oem floor mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I returned these because after a few weeks, the front mats (not the rear) begin to crumple up, which annoyed the heck out of me. This is because the Model 3 doesn't have a completely flat surface bottom, there's a small ridge. Hard to explain, at least for me. The adhesive section on these mats don't stick very well. The back seat mat was nice because it was one piece.

No problems for me.

I bought a set of these for my model 3 and they are amazing. I particularly like how the rear mat goes up to the edge of the back seat and the front fit around the seats along the side of the door sill. Very high quality and well designed but are kinda pricey. Tesla Model 3

How do they look? Is it a faux leather finish? Not a fan of that look and it’s my only reservation in going with them. I like the idea of the extra surface area coverage.

I'm really enjoying the TOUGHPRO floor mats. I got them because they were cheap, but they work well.

Those tough pros look like absolute crap. It amazes me how people buy such a nice car and buy cheap crappy mats. Looks like those were cut from a stock role.

I’m sure cleaning that honey comb will be a lot of fun.

Either Tuxmat or Maxpider if you want a quality mat. I have both. You get what you pay for.

Reactions: Adam3
Hi

You can try our new all weather floor mats for Model 3. They have been very well received by the market and everyone who has bought them loves them for the quality and value. Most importantly, you are getting the right amount of protection for what is expected from a set of all weather mats.

Now they are on special for $79.99 on amazon. You can check out the forum responses.

Vendor - Road Comforts All Weather Custom Fit Mats - $79.99 for Model 3

link to Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MGXB2G4

Thanks!

Those tough pros look like absolute crap. It amazes me how people buy such a nice car and buy cheap crappy mats. Looks like those were cut from a stock role.

Either Tuxmat or Maxpider if you want a quality mat. I have both. You get what you pay for.

I agree but I disagree that Maxpiders are as high quality as people think it is. I recently bought them but they were light weight and didn't feel as high quality as I would assume they would be for $185-205 worth. As of right now, I'm not sure if I made the right decision to return my road comfort ones that I bought for $80 for these. I did however pay $126 from partcatalog so for $46 more to cover more dead spots is okay. They cover more but the road comfort ones were top notch quality but they weren't liners. I don't know about tuxmat though.

I agree but I disagree that Maxpiders are as high quality as people think it is. I recently bought them but they were light weight and didn't feel as high quality as I would assume they would be for $185-205 worth. As of right now, I'm not sure if I made the right decision to return my road comfort ones that I bought for $80 for these. I did however pay $126 from partcatalog so for $46 more to cover more dead spots is okay. They cover more but the road comfort ones were top notch quality but they weren't liners. I don't know about tuxmat though.

MaxPider are pricey and I was skeptical of the material as well but they seem to be holding up great. They really bring the interior look and feel up a notch. They come out easy and clean easy. Any “rubber” mat feels as primitive as an ICE car. The tux mats are pretty serious protection. They look a little industrial but still way better than any cookie cutter rubber mat. I want a mat that prevents crap on my feet touching the dead pedal on the left getting under the mat. Tux mat takes that to the extreme on the right wall as well around the throttle. But because of that they can be tedious to get out and clean.

It's the same as cleaning any other mat: take it out, shake it off, hit it with the pressure washer if you feel like it.

It's the same as cleaning any other mat: take it out, shake it off, hit it with the pressure washer if you feel like it.

Exactly, you need a pressure washer to clean most rubber mats. Because of the deep (often sharp) edge, corner/slots/wells, or hexagon bumps you need either a pressure washer or a bristle brush to brush the channels in rubber mat to get them properly clean. I just brush (no, just wipe) my Maxpiders with a sponge and rinse.

And no, Tuxmat's are not like any other mat and are a bit more involved (mainly the drivers mat) to get them out and back in. More protection, a little more involved. But the Tuxmat is so tight, you could probably safely clean it, in place. Sometimes I do with the maxpider. Impossible with most rubber mats because the dirt gets trapped in the bottom of the channels.

Yeah, cheap rubber mats are all the same. Maxpider and Tuxmat are both uniquely different than all other rubber mats. Unless you've owned them, you wouldn't understand. I doubt you'd find anyone that bought either a Maxpider or Tuxmat switching back to a conventional rubber mat.

I've bought the conventional rubber mats, usually OEM, for all my prior vehicles. It wasn't till I saw all the hype on the MaxPiders and Tuxmats that I realized some of the 3rd party solutions are better than what OEM offers.

In fact I think I might check now if MaxPider makes them for my other vehicle and chuck the OEM rubber ones, that almost always look dirty (to lazy to take out power wash for just mats and always miss spots when I try to brush all the crevices out, and not so easy to "touch up").

• Informative
Reactions: DirtyT3sla