Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am at a loss: is the $2k FSD offer going away on Monday?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
855F9829-6ECB-4B8A-8C9D-9134F8CB0B1D.png
lol how did you miss it? TMC has been nonstop about this for like two weeks. Elon has tweeted it, Tesla has tweeted it. Peoria is out there a bit but you got internet right? haha

Some people don’t spend their lives on forums or Twitter. Tesla has our email addresses and could have sent a notice saying this was an offer, along with the end date.

I just checked, $5,000 - I was on the fence and still am, so probably won’t call them. I don’t think there will be $5,000 worth of value for me int he next 3 or 4 years, although I’d love to be wrong because I am very excited about this technology space.

Tesla can do no right in lots of people's minds here. They have a responsibility to make great cars and make a profit so they can be self-sustaining. They also should treat their employees and customers well so they can do both of these things, but they do not have the responsibility to remind people to pay $2,000 for something that normally costs $5,000...that is just silly.

If you read the threads, so you have any idea how many people were 100% certain that the price for FSD was going to be $0 any time now? I hope they learned something through this process...

Tesla can do no right in lots of people's minds here. They have a responsibility to make great cars and make a profit so they can be self-sustaining. They also should treat their employees and customers well so they can do both of these things, but they do not have the responsibility to remind people to pay $2,000 for something that normally costs $5,000...that is just silly.

If you read the threads, so you have any idea how many people were 100% certain that the price for FSD was going to be $0 any time now? I hope they learned something through this process...

Marketing wise they should let their target audience about these. They did with the blog at the least for the reduction. Same should happened for the increase too. Not a tweet (even not from Tesla, nor a stand along tweet from Elon Musk but a reply).

This aside they will need beta testers, tons of them for the feature so this is an opportunity for both parties.

Sorry about the assumptions I am looking for any kind of handout here. Here is my situation - yours may be different and your mileage may vary...

I don’t typically jump into blogs or have time to keep up with Elon’s tweets. Typically I receive communication from Tesla via the phone app, my MS and email. That being said, all I did was log into my car portal last night where I saw the price of $2,000 for self drive. There was no notice that this was a special deal or that the pricing was due to expire. I had heard Tesla had a new pricing structure and I thought this was part of it. I didn’t even think about if I would buy it. It was a no brainer but I wanted to speak about it with my wife before I made a $2,000 purchase. By the time I caught up with her it was late so I planned on just making the purchase in the morning. By then the price had changed.

Here is my concern (and again please forgive me for being a lowly bottom feeder who doesn’t live on these boards and only wants something I don’t deserve). Tesla had posted no notice of any kind that the price was changing, that this was a temporary price reduction or that the price would be increasing antwher on the page where you can purchase this product. As an average consumer how would I even be expected to anticipate this possibility? Yes prices change but who would expect a 250% price increase overnight? If I had known (and again my apologies for not living on social media) I would have purchased it immediatey. So my gripe is not that the price went back up but that Tesla didn’t indicate the current pricing was a special or temporary condition. I was there, I could have bought it on the spot and would have if I had all the info but they weren’t up front on their official web site about what was going on with this product. That is deceptive in my mind. You may think that is cool and so Elon but in reality it is abrasive. That is what I mean by Tesla doing the right thing. Secret blog sales are only bound to antagonize customers who discover them too late and miss out. Tesla can handle this any way they want but since they weren’t truthful about what was going on at the point of sale, the right thing would be to work with customers who have already purchased a very expensive product in a case like this where THEY weren’t clear about their product pricing. This is my third MS (85D, 90D and P100DI) and I have been with Tesla since 2014. I have supported them. It just would have been nice for them to give all their customers the ability to take advantage of something like this.

I’m not typically the curmudgeon in the group, but it seems funny to me that everyone complains they didn’t know about the “sale” but within hours of it “ending” they’re here to complain things are “back to normal” and they now can’t get in on it. So many people happened to log into TMC just hours late. What terrible “luck”.

Well had it not been for some specific Tesla blogger types complaining to Elon about how the price decrease was so so unfair, we all could have got in on this from now on. Maybe if we all did it would have been good for the entire ecosystem, but Tesla is damned either way with all the complainers. Personally I think that’s where the hate should be directed.

Yes, Tesla’s pricing scheme is unorthodox and haphazard. But so is the stock market. And the cost of a gallon of gas. But I can’t remember the last time the grocery store called me to let me know the milk was on sale just in case I might want some. Life happens. Knowledge is power.

You just can’t please everyone. Tesla tried to position more of their products to be accessible to the masses, only to draw the ire of some bloggers who like the smell of their own farts. And they’re the turds that forced many out of the pool.

I’m not typically the curmudgeon in the group, but it seems funny to me that everyone complains they didn’t know about the “sale” but within hours of it “ending” they’re here to complain things are “back to normal” and they now can’t get in on it. So many people happened to log into TMC just hours late. What terrible “luck”.

Well had it not been for some specific Tesla blogger types complaining to Elon about how the price decrease was so so unfair, we all could have got in on this from now on. Maybe if we all did it would have been good for the entire ecosystem, but Tesla is damned either way with all the complainers. Personally I think that’s where the hate should be directed.

Yes, Tesla’s pricing scheme is unorthodox and haphazard. But so is the stock market. And the cost of a gallon of gas. But I can’t remember the last time the grocery store called me to let me know the milk was on sale just in case I might want some. Life happens. Knowledge is power.

You just can’t please everyone. Tesla tried to position more of their products to be accessible to the masses, only to draw the ire of some bloggers who like the smell of their own farts. And they’re the turds that forced many out of the pool.

Anyone posting here saying "I missed it" managed to find this website and a thread about the topic, so its likely they could have found the information before should they have wanted to.. especially if their "i missed it" post is not post #1 for them.

Sorry about the assumptions I am looking for any kind of handout here. Here is my situation - yours may be different and your mileage may vary...

I don’t typically jump into blogs or have time to keep up with Elon’s tweets. Typically I receive communication from Tesla via the phone app, my MS and email. That being said, all I did was log into my car portal last night where I saw the price of $2,000 for self drive. There was no notice that this was a special deal or that the pricing was due to expire. I had heard Tesla had a new pricing structure and I thought this was part of it. I didn’t even think about if I would buy it. It was a no brainer but I wanted to speak about it with my wife before I made a $2,000 purchase. By the time I caught up with her it was late so I planned on just making the purchase in the morning. By then the price had changed.

Here is my concern (and again please forgive me for being a lowly bottom feeder who doesn’t live on these boards and only wants something I don’t deserve). Tesla had posted no notice of any kind that the price was changing, that this was a temporary price reduction or that the price would be increasing antwher on the page where you can purchase this product. As an average consumer how would I even be expected to anticipate this possibility? Yes prices change but who would expect a 250% price increase overnight? If I had known (and again my apologies for not living on social media) I would have purchased it immediatey. So my gripe is not that the price went back up but that Tesla didn’t indicate the current pricing was a special or temporary condition. I was there, I could have bought it on the spot and would have if I had all the info but they weren’t up front on their official web site about what was going on with this product. That is deceptive in my mind. You may think that is cool and so Elon but in reality it is abrasive. That is what I mean by Tesla doing the right thing. Secret blog sales are only bound to antagonize customers who discover them too late and miss out. Tesla can handle this any way they want but since they weren’t truthful about what was going on at the point of sale, the right thing would be to work with customers who have already purchased a very expensive product in a case like this where THEY weren’t clear about their product pricing. This is my third MS (85D, 90D and P100DI) and I have been with Tesla since 2014. I have supported them. It just would have been nice for them to give all their customers the ability to take advantage of something like this.

Can’t agree more. Maybe they had to revert back to the original price to avoid a lawsuit. This does not make sense.

I am so glad that EVERY retail store that offers a credit card sends out immediate notices to all their customers whenever there is going to be a sale, exactly how long the sale will be for, whenever prices are about to change for any reason...ohh wait they don't? WAAAAAAAAA

Reactions: heems
I am so glad that EVERY retail store that offers a credit card sends out immediate notices to all their customers whenever there is going to be a sale, exactly how long the sale will be for, whenever prices are about to change for any reason...ohh wait they don't? WAAAAAAAAA
This is not the same thing. You blatantly defending and reacting like baby is ridiculous.

Is anyone else upset that right now a new customer can pay $5k for FSD to get navigate, self park, summon and "other upcoming capabilities", and those of us who bought a car with EAP around 6 months ago would have to pay the same $5k for FSD despite the fact we would get less for our $5k because already have all of the features except the "other future capabilities"?

I'm tempted to start a class action suit that we shouldn't pay the same to get less, if anyone else wants to join in...

Is anyone else upset that right now a new customer can pay $5k for FSD to get navigate, self park, summon and "other upcoming capabilities", and those of us who bought a car with EAP around 6 months ago would have to pay the same $5k for FSD despite the fact we would get less for our $5k because already have all of the features except the "other future capabilities"?

I'm tempted to start a class action suit that we shouldn't pay the same to get less, if anyone else wants to join in...

Frankly, it feels like they are charging us twice for what we already paid for...

• Disagree
Reactions: untilcomplete

Class action for what? They aren't taking your EAP away. You either have the option to buy or jot buy FSD. Bunch of entire Tesla owners.

Class action for what? They aren't taking your EAP away. You either have the option to buy or jot buy FSD. Bunch of entire Tesla owners.
Unfair pricing. Those of us who purchased about 6 months ago were already promised these capabilities in our EAP purchase. Now we are being told we would have to pay the same price as today's new car FSD package, most of which we already paid for...

If you bought 6 months ago you paid $3k for EAP right, plus $5k for FSD is $8k. New buyers will still pay $8k to get to FSD. What's the problem?

Reactions: rking0122