Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I crazy to pass on a reservation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have any plans or reason to get a new car -- I'm quite happy with my Model S and I don't need a second car -- so I didn't place a reservation. If my family is not interested, it's their loss, I'm not laundering the car for them...

So no, you're not crazy.

After obsessing about all things Tesla for years, I was finally able to purchase a CPO Model S last summer. Now, I have no need for the ☰, but feel like passing up on a prioritized reservation is crazy. I'm shocked that no friends or family are seriously even interested in entertaining the idea of purchasing it. What should I do?
Since you can't sell or transfer a reservation, it is prohibited in the contract and since anyone can purchase a new reservation now there is only one thing you can do but to ask for a refund.

After obsessing about all things Tesla for years, I was finally able to purchase a CPO Model S last summer. Now, I have no need for the ☰, but feel like passing up on a prioritized reservation is crazy. I'm shocked that no friends or family are seriously even interested in entertaining the idea of purchasing it. What should I do?

In my opinion, it's OK to wait until production ramps up and all the early issues are worked out. It's the same thing with computers. Get it when you need, want, and can get it, not when someone else tells you is the right time for you to have it for their needs. At least that's how I see it.

Yes ... you should go for it

screen-shot-2016-04-01-at-12-46-06-am-png.169894
screen-shot-2016-04-01-at-12-07-14-am-png.169889
black_1-jpg.169881
red_1-jpg.169882
silver_1-jpg.169884
silver_2-jpg.169885
silver_3-jpg.169886

Last edited:
The car looks pretty nice and from the revel, I would definitely be interested in getting one. Assuming production starts and ramps up as predicted, the wait may not be that long after all (with or without a reservation). All good news I thought from the revel.

My reservation is in and I will order the vehicle only if
  1. It includes V2 autopilot hardware
  2. It is as comfortable (headroom, legroom, seatroom) as the Model S
  3. It allows for dual chargers (or 72A or better charging)
Otherwise, I'll enjoy my current dream car (3 month old S90D) and wait for the delivery of a fully autonomous replacement -- hopefully a Tesla.

How can point 2 ever be true for any car in this world?? That's like saying buying BMW 3 series but expect 5 series physical size. Elon can't defy the law of physics (or size) even though he is real life Iron Man.