Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I supposed to receive an e-mail confirmation or?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No email here. One question, I reserved online without loogging into my tesla but used same email as my account. Will it should up in my current account? Hope to get the email confirmation soon.

Yes they link the reservation to the email address, when doing the reservation in the store the employee were asking to look twice at the entered email address for that reason.

I believe that Tesla employees were given Friday and Monday off in celebration of the release. So I suspect that those of use that didn't get confirmation emails may have to wait until Tuesday to get an email unless someone comes in on their day off.

Same here. I wonder if it has anything to do with being a current Tesla owner or not. I'm not a current owner, so maybe Tesla thinks I don't need to get to MyTesla right now, but current owners should be able to? Just a guess.

I am not a current Tesla owner, but I can now see my number on the MyTesla page. No Email yet. Depending on how they implemented the redirects, it might be dependent on your DNS server updating.

For those of you new to Tesla, WELCOME to the forums! I see a lot of low-count posters here, so I thought it would be great to welcome you to TMC.

Some of us are old hands at this, having been through 1, 2, or even 3 different vehicle models from Tesla.

A few tips for those of you who feel a bit anxious as this point:

1. If you have a reservation number starting with "RN", you're golden. This means everything's been processed and you're now a reservation holder.

2. You should keep that RN number secret and not post it. Most moderators will attempt to redact it for you if you do post it. It's a number that identifies your particular reservation - and you don't want anyone to hijack it.

3. Your reservation is time-stamped, and as Tesla figures out how it wants to handle the geographic nature of their process, they will use this timestamp in conjunction with its geographic process. Previously, customers were invited to configure their vehicles in blocks based on reservation sequence number order, and then production scheduling would determine how geography was handled in delivery. However, Tesla did say that it would not be this way for Model 3.

4. Tesla's e-mails typically come after the fact and roll out more slowly. Not having an e-mail is not a big deal, as long as you have the RN number already.

5. You can see your vehicle reservation in My Tesla. Go to teslamotors.com and log in with your username/password, if you already have an account, and you should see your reservation.

6. If you don't know your password (because you've not had a Tesla account before), it's likely Tesla created one for you. Simply attempt a password recovery and you should be able to set that password.

Welcome, and now the anxiousness builds... :)

I am not a current Tesla owner, but I can now see my number on the MyTesla page. No Email yet. Depending on how they implemented the redirects, it might be dependent on your DNS server updating.

One way to get the My Tesla page up - even when they do this special event - is to go to www.teslamotors.com/models and then click "My Tesla" at the top. The Model S URL has always bypassed any redirects they're doing.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Nothing for me yet... I'll go full blown hysterical like this at 24:01 hours

Current owner. Placeed order approximately 8:00pm online. Saw a reservation confirmation page, but have received no email, no RN number in MyTesla, and no pending charge on my CC.
Have a nice Mimosa and enjoy the test ride videos. :) It is going to be fine.

When I called Tesla yesterday morning, they asked me to give it the full 24 hours. I did and 14 hours later it showed up in MyTesla (still no email but I'm not sweating it). I'm thinking that the demand may require online orders to wait 48 hours.

For those of you new to Tesla, WELCOME to the forums! I see a lot of low-count posters here, so I thought it would be great to welcome you to TMC.

Some of us are old hands at this, having been through 1, 2, or even 3 different vehicle models from Tesla.

A few tips for those of you who feel a bit anxious as this point:

1. If you have a reservation number starting with "RN", you're golden. This means everything's been processed and you're now a reservation holder.

2. You should keep that RN number secret and not post it. Most moderators will attempt to redact it for you if you do post it. It's a number that identifies your particular reservation - and you don't want anyone to hijack it.

3. Your reservation is time-stamped, and as Tesla figures out how it wants to handle the geographic nature of their process, they will use this timestamp in conjunction with its geographic process. Previously, customers were invited to configure their vehicles in blocks based on reservation sequence number order, and then production scheduling would determine how geography was handled in delivery. However, Tesla did say that it would not be this way for Model 3.

4. Tesla's e-mails typically come after the fact and roll out more slowly. Not having an e-mail is not a big deal, as long as you have the RN number already.

5. You can see your vehicle reservation in My Tesla. Go to teslamotors.com and log in with your username/password, if you already have an account, and you should see your reservation.

6. If you don't know your password (because you've not had a Tesla account before), it's likely Tesla created one for you. Simply attempt a password recovery and you should be able to set that password.

Welcome, and now the anxiousness builds... :)
Thank you. I am happy to be here as a future Tesla owner. Been a fangirl for sometime.

My RN#'s just showed up. The reservation will show up after clicking My Tesla. just keep hitting refresh every so often as I did :) with over 150k reservations....they are probably playing catch up.

Yeah, mine just showed up, this is about 15 hours after my order. It shows up just above my Model S which has a status of delivered. No other details on the Model 3 besides reservation #.

I reserved at 930PDT and email didn't come through until 0200PDT. Still nothing in MyTesla except for my S, but give them time to play catchup. I'm sure, as evidenced by Elon's wonder, that no one expected over 130k reservations in the first 24 hours.

Put my online reservation in 3 seconds after the online gate opened last night. On screen confirmation but no reservation number. No confirmation email. No MyTesla update. Getting a little concerned...

I'm in exactly same boat. Ordered as soon as online form became available. Took screen shot of the form, as well as the following page that said "Your reservation is confirmed." As of right now, no email, no My Tesla, nothin'. Nervous.