Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMA about owning Modern Mercedes EVs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for the years of feedback, it made my Tesla experience so much better. I wish you all the best.

I sold my Y & S and changing to MB EQE SUV and a EQS. Nothing wrong with Tesla just time for a change :)

The EQS range make it difficult to justify its price, IMO.

The EQE SUV comes with a 90.6-kWh battery pack, which should provide
a driving range of about 279 miles in the most efficient rear-wheel drive EQE350+ model, according to Mercedes-Benz.
The EQE350 4Matic is good for 253 miles, and the top-dog EQE500 comes with a 269-mile range.

The EQS range make it difficult to justify its price, IMO.

The EQE SUV comes with a 90.6-kWh battery pack, which should provide
a driving range of about 279 miles in the most efficient rear-wheel drive EQE350+ model, according to Mercedes-Benz.
The EQE350 4Matic is good for 253 miles, and the top-dog EQE500 comes with a 269-mile range.
Having tried a road trip from Oregon to California last fall in a Nissan Leaf with 200 miles of range, the abysmal public charging infrastructure was a major factor in our decision to buy a used Model 3. You may miss Superchargers. In a few years things may be better for CCS equipped cars.

Having tried a road trip from Oregon to California last fall in a Nissan Leaf with 200 miles of range, the abysmal public charging infrastructure was a major factor in our decision to buy a used Model 3. You may miss Superchargers. In a few years things may be better for CCS equipped cars.
(shrug) I've not gone on many road trips in my CCS vehicles but have done maybe ~2600 miles worth of them (3 road trips total) and have been fine. But, I'm in California and take routes with sufficient to lots of CCS charging w/enough redundancy (e.g. highway 99 and 101). And of course, I check Plugshare first.

I made a commentary about my Dec 2022 road trip at Finding working chargers.

A Chevrolet Bolt EV Set a Cannonball Run Record and No One Noticed | Torque News made it across the US in a Bolt in late 2019. ARob's Spring 2022 Cross Country Bolt Trip Thread did a cross country trip in his Bolt in 2022.

Unfortunately, work keeps me busy and when I can actually take time off, otherwise, I could do more road trips.

I've also used public CCS charging MANY times when not on road trips (not anything requiring an overnight stay away from home).

Last edited:
Please return with updates, especially if you're going to attempt any roadtrips. The Mercedes looks like a helluva car.

MB owners might be more the kind of person flying rather than taking a road trip.

For example, a San Francisco to Seattle road trip would take about 16 hours including charging, compare to 2 hours flying.

i have been seriously considering getting the EQS SUV but its pretty pricey, and if I do, i wouldnt use that for road trips (would use my Model Y for that if needed or fly). Going to a mercedes benz dealer next week to check it out.

MB owners might be more the kind of person flying rather than taking a road trip.

For example, a San Francisco to Seattle road trip would take about 16 hours including charging, compare to 2 hours flying.
I love road trips in my Tesla. Have traveled all over the West, up to Canada and even to Florida (from California). We much prefer it to flying.
I have done a lot of flying in my life and I just don't enjoy it... at all. Get to the airport early, hassle with hoards of people and TSA, crammed into a small tube, get to your destination at an airport "near" your real destination...
Much nicer to just get in the car and drive.

Okay I am back.

I am getting 330 -340 per charge @ 100%. EPA rating of 279 is laughable as I get 280 - 290 @ 80%. Quality of my EQE SUV is outstanding, ride is very comfortable and electronics are pretty good. The only thing I don't like about the car is the stop start button. I love having Apple CarPlay again and Apple Maps. I really like the built in sunshade as I us it most of the time. I have had the car for about 4 months and have no regrets. I am in the process of replacing my S Plaid with a EQS AMG. Ask me anything you want :)

Okay I am back.

I am getting 330 -340 per charge @ 100%. EPA rating of 279 is laughable as I get 280 - 290 @ 80%. Quality of my EQE SUV is outstanding, ride is very comfortable and electronics are pretty good. The only thing I don't like about the car is the stop start button. I love having Apple CarPlay again and Apple Maps. I really like the built in sunshade as I us it most of the time. I have had the car for about 4 months and have no regrets. I am in the process of replacing my S Plaid with a EQS AMG. Ask me anything you want :)
I was thinking of 2023 EQS SUV and EQE SUV earlier this year, and my MB dealers seemed to provide $7500 lease bonus cash. I didn't choose MB this time because of 1. Range 2. Charging network 3. EV services.

1. Range - previously I thought EQS SUV 450 4MATIC /350 4MATIC had ranges between 250-300. (I just found out more reviews started to talk about 320-380+miles these days.)
2. Charging network isn't reliable as Tesla's. (In July, just learned that MB will switch from CCS to the NACS in 2025.)
3. MB services - MB services couldn't really handle their hybrid vehicles in 2022, and why should I believe that MB can handle well these EVs?

So, since more ppl get more mileages with their EVs in these days and MB will join NACS in 2025, as long as they can bring their EV knowledge and services up to date, I'll seriously consider their EVs then. IMHO.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Status
Not open for further replies.