Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ambient lighting for 2023 Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the new 2023 Model X come with ambient lighting? When i test drove during day it was hard to figure out, my guess this may be an upgrade coming in 2024.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. I found this with a Google search.
Screenshot_20230914_064702_Chrome.jpg

2022 builds (and I presume 2023 as well) have ambient lighting in the front door pockets. So far, the Model X doesn't have the RGB lighting like on Highland Model 3. Whether they'll get that or not is anyone's guess.

Remember that Tesla does changes to the cars on a continual basis, so the concept of a traditional "model year" is with different than with other cars you might be used to.

Bruce.

Supposedly coming similar to the Highland refreshed 3 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: preddy
very unlikely but lets hope so...waiting for my X 5 seater ordered on Sep 4
Yup same here in NJ. 🤞

I love me some upgraded lighting though....

Currently have upgraded sequential fog/running lights on my Model 3 front and rear, upgraded puddle and footwell lights, and on my old 3 had the lighted 'T" on the trunk as well.

Attachments

• SNY01771.jpg
    SNY01771.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 201

Might be happening OEM soon 🤞

I will gladly fork over some cash if they allow this to be retrofitted (since apparently the wiring harness is there already)

@snorlax - Let's hope that's indeed the case (with the wiring harness already being there) and can indeed be retrofitted. If that's possible, I'm getting in line to have it done. The implementation on the Model 3 Highland looks fantastic and I'd love to have that in my Model X.

How have you confirmed the data point about the wiring harness?

@snorlax - Let's hope that's indeed the case (with the wiring harness already being there) and can indeed be retrofitted. If that's possible, I'm getting in line to have it done. The implementation on the Model 3 Highland looks fantastic and I'd love to have that in my Model X.

People have pulled off panels and identified preexisting wiring. There’s a YouTube video floating around that shows it.

It definitely used to be present - don't know if it still is, though I saw someone with a 2023 model S post about the wiring still being there. The service manual even shows trim with the wiring from before they nixed the feature.

With highland getting it my guess would be the S/X will get it soon... but soon in Tesla's world could still mean years.

Whether or not they offer a retrofit is any guess. But if the parts do become available, it should still be possible to retrofit ourselves if you know someone who can make gateway changes

Reactions: EightBitWhit