Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Processor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Totally on the same boat. Edd is Jan-Feb. would much rather wait a couple months to try to squeeze as much upgrades as possible.

Hard to say when tesla will do anything. Maybe these chips will be on cars in Austin? It’s going to be a weird period of time that Fremont and Austin produce same cars with different hardware.

Totally on the same boat. Edd is Jan-Feb. would much rather wait a couple months to try to squeeze as much upgrades as possible.

Hard to say when tesla will do anything. Maybe these chips will be on cars in Austin? It’s going to be a weird period of time that Fremont and Austin produce same cars with different hardware.
Same EDD probably just going to put the order on hold. When I originally ordered the LR it had a June date. Then updated to mid March but I decided to pull the trigger on the YP so changed my order and it moved up the EDD again. I’m in no rush as this will be a third car until August. I really want the AMD and Michelin tires. Don’t really care about the door panels one way or another.

Same, I have EDD Jan-Feb, AMD would be nice and the double glass rear windows too, since I’m in Canada and I think it will help a lot in the winter (not to mention cabine noise). Having said that, I’ve been waiting since August, I think it is time now… but unfortunately it looks like I made it to Santa’s naughty list.

Reactions: Anish3232
I'm actually more excited about the AMD refresh over the stuff like the single castings... the entertainment unit on my '21 Y is so painfully slow outside of basic car functions that I have flashbacks of using a $50 Amazon Fire tablet.

Reactions: Canyonero
Wouldn't you want the latest and greatest when you spend $70k on a new car? I literarily missed the build date cut-off by days. I still love the car but I'm not going to be happy that I got the last gen processor.
This is what happens when you get into rapidly evolving technology. 3 months make a difference. So, instead of worrying about what you could get if you waited for another 6-12 months be happy about what you have.

This is what happens when you get into rapidly evolving technology. 3 months make a difference. So, instead of worrying about what you could get if you waited for another 6-12 months be happy about what you have.
Yeah, except I'm not talking about 3 months, I'm talking about several days....Either way, the car is awesome and a big improvement from my previous 2020 YP. It just would have been nice to get the latest and greatest when I missed it by a few days.

Reactions: rob968
It's kind of funny... ppl are so hyped on AMD's ancient Picasso Mobile APU. Yet AMD are about to unwrap Rembrandt, 2022's Mobile APU any week now.

Rembrandt is so new it's not on the wiki timeline yet.

• Informative
Reactions: Oil Freedom