Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzen & 12v Batteries now shipping in US Y & 3!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if this new 12V battery can be purchase from service so to swap out in a 2020 model Y? I'm coming up on the 2 year mark in April and want to swap it out so not to get stranded in the future.
Highly unlikely. It is a different voltage, uses a different connector, and from what we have seen requires a different windshield washer pump. I suspect it is also a different size and mounts differently. So that is one thing that likely won't be available as a retrofit option. (Unless they make a custom compatible one like some third-party companies have.)

is this a legit article?
very legit.
what's the tolerance here? usb port, spoiler, perhaps interior light bulbs? or tesla logo badge? next batch might deliver without mobile charger..

In about 3 years, those without Ryzen will be termed “legacy” by Tesla and cease receiving the latest software. (Folks with 2020 Model S or earlier know what I mean)
And in about another 3 or so years, those, who have Ryder will be teamed "legacy". That cycle bitch never stop. So, enjoy your Tesla car until it’s absolutely necessary to sell it and buy a new one.

Just got a text that my MYP with the VIN 348*** is expected to built in the next 1-2 days, then delivery can be scheduled.

Is this just a robo status update text, or is that message fairly spot on with the actual build date?

Either rate, I’ll be pushing that delivery until Saturday at minimum because….taxes…and will share right away what I find.

Just got a text that my MYP with the VIN 348*** is expected to built in the next 1-2 days, then delivery can be scheduled.

Is this just a robo status update text, or is that message fairly spot on with the actual build date?

Either rate, I’ll be pushing that delivery until Saturday at minimum because….taxes…and will share right away what I find.
I tried to push mine till Saturday and they told me no. They said if I can't not take delivery by the 31st then I would be unmatched and would have to wait for the next car off the line that matches my specs. I'm waiting on a M3P so the tax thing isn't really a thing for me as the sedan cap is $55k and the M3P is $57k. I wanted a 2022 delivery date just in case things changed on the bill and the sedan cap is raised somehow and the bill is retroactive back till 1-1-2022. I think that if I have the AMD Ryzen MCU I'll accept delivery and bite the bullet on the potential (unlikely) tax credit for the M3P but if it's Intel Atom I'll refuse delivery and wait into the new year for a car with AMD Ryzen MCU and have the chance at becoming eligible for tax stuff.