Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzen & 12v Batteries now shipping in US Y & 3!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried to push mine till Saturday and they told me no. They said if I can't not take delivery by the 31st then I would be unmatched and would have to wait for the next car off the line that matches my specs. I'm waiting on a M3P so the tax thing isn't really a thing for me as the sedan cap is $55k and the M3P is $57k. I wanted a 2022 delivery date just in case things changed on the bill and the sedan cap is raised somehow and the bill is retroactive back till 1-1-2022. I think that if I have the AMD Ryzen MCU I'll accept delivery and bite the bullet on the potential (unlikely) tax credit for the M3P but if it's Intel Atom I'll refuse delivery and wait into the new year for a car with AMD Ryzen MCU and have the chance at becoming eligible for tax stuff.
Can you even do that? I thought flat out rejecting a perfectly good car at delivery got you blacklisted? If someone could clarify what you can and can’t do without your order getting cancelled all together, I’d appreciate it. As of right now I’ve never had my order on hold and my EDD is 1/15-2/12 (profile complete on 8/25, but original order is from the beginning of April); all along I wanted a MYLR made in Austin with 4680s AND the tax credit, but that doesn’t seem to be possible. At the very least I DO want the MCU and 12V battery updates that seem inevitable… seems silly to have waited all this time just to literally get a year or more “old” model.

@OCJeff Does your new MYLR have the new Matrix Projection Headlights?
Literally just walked out and checked. No, it does not. Pretty much 100% same as my 2021 09/21 build.

I do however have two dents on either side of the front Tesla logo. Super frustrating as this is where they say to put pressure on to close the trunk and every time on my 2021 I was concerned about dent damage.

I’ll be including this in in 24 hour/100 mile service request. A few other small issues.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
Can you even do that? I thought flat out rejecting a perfectly good car at delivery got you blacklisted?
it had better not! I was told what to expect. If I do not receive what I was told then I will tell them I will wait for the one we talked about. It’s a $60k car. I don’t know why people trip all over Tesla and think they can get away with things. Little stuff slide seems ludicrous to me. That’s good money for a car. It should come 100% as you want it. My other cars did and they cost less than half this one.

it had better not! I was told what to expect. If I do not receive what I was told then I will tell them I will wait for the one we talked about. It’s a $60k car. I don’t know why people trip all over Tesla and think they can get away with things. Little stuff slide seems ludicrous to me. That’s good money for a car. It should come 100% as you want it. My other cars did and they cost less than half this one.
I don't disagree with the spirit of your argument but Tesla doesn't really care or take any one individual's feelings into consideration when determining their policies. I would tread cautiously with rejecting a vehicle with no substantial defect that they couldn't immediately fix for you. If they feel like you are acting in bad faith, they could easily cancel your order altogether and hold onto the order fee per the terms of the sales agreement if I recall things correctly. Tesla will be providing a car as marketed to you when placing the order. Nothing mentions a Ryzen infotainment system or 12V Li battery and in fact, that is still not a confirmed thing out of Tesla.

I don't disagree with the spirit of your argument but Tesla doesn't really care or take any one individual's feelings into consideration when determining their policies. I would tread cautiously with rejecting a vehicle with no substantial defect that they couldn't immediately fix for you. If they feel like you are acting in bad faith, they could easily cancel your order altogether and hold onto the order fee per the terms of the sales agreement if I recall things correctly. Tesla will be providing a car as marketed to you when placing the order. Nothing mentions a Ryzen infotainment system or 12V Li battery and in fact, that is still not a confirmed thing out of Tesla.
Valid points. I wonder, if I call my SA in the morning and ask them to confirm if the car has the new MCU. If they say no I could ask for a hold at that time. That way I’m not showing up for delivery and rejecting.

Also, question.. Do you guys see a market value difference on a ryzen vs intel processor? I honestly don't think they will be, but yes I would have loved the new ryzen as well.
I don't think so.... the only thing this extra compute will likely be used for would be FSD and if you paid for FSD you will eventually get the upgraded cameras and computer for free anyway.

I'm curious to see if any of the New MYLR which were delivered with FSD have the new chips. It would actually make sense for tesla to prioritize these first.

Last edited:
Reactions: SMR514
I haven’t seen anything I would regard as reliable proof these changes have been made. I see some guy on reddit who has given two different VIN numbers and a bunch of news organizations seizing on that and amplifying it back and forth between themselves. Its going to be hard to believe without a host of people popping up with them, especially need to see a couple on this forum, which hasn’t happened.

Reactions: Tesraki
I haven’t seen anything I would regard as reliable proof these changes have been made. I see some guy on reddit who has given two different VIN numbers and a bunch of news organizations seizing on that and amplifying it back and forth between themselves. Its going to be hard to believe without a host of people popping up with them, especially need to see a couple on this forum, which hasn’t happened.
Probably holding off till the new year. Hurt up and deliver the 2022s that don’t have the new stuff now and the. In January announce oh yeah the new stuff is being included

Just got assigned a “338” VIN….presuming not with it?
I am scheduled delivery of a 2022 M3P today. VIN ends in 336. I messaged my SA about an hour and a half ago and asked about which infotainment computer is in the car and got the most vague answer ever stating my car was built in the Freemont factory and that only the RWS Model 3 is getting Li-ion batteries right now and that my infotainment computer was built with all the newest parts available for the United States production. I then asked for clarification, AMD Ryzen or not. No response yet (17 minutes ago)