Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzen & 12v Batteries now shipping in US Y & 3!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know a lot of people

I'm expecting my MYP this month, EDD is 1/7 to 1/30. So I texted my SA and asked if it'll have the AMD cpu, he said that it should and that all produced vehicles moving forward will have it. He also said he'll confirm once the VIN is assigned.
I wonder how they can tell with VIN. If it’s just the # or on their end now they see graphics card

Reactions: Hvnleigh
Thanks. I was told LFP on my MYLR but SA maybe was just mistaken.
No way any MYLR is going to use LFP. It isn't energy dense enough for the rated MYLR range. If they could have, Tesla would have already made that switch. Your SA is almost certainly mistaken. This is also the reason why I unfortunately have very little faith in any of the reports on here regarding SAs checking VINs and confirming presence of AMD chips.

VIN 354xxx, build date 1/6. Just asked my SA earlier today and they said it has the intel chip :( Still debating if I should take delivery but most likely yes.
I'm taking mine either way as long as I can get the money sorted out. If they come up with a delivery date in the next four days or so I may have to push it back, but I don't want to.

👍I think you should be fine. My previous EDD was 1/9-13 and they just gave me options today to pick up between 1/13-15.
Turns out I'm fine. My concern was I'm making slightly over a $30K down payment and I was afraid I might be limited to $5K a day so it would have taken me 7 days to get the money transferred from my brokerage account to a 'usable', checking account. But the transfer was from a Wells Fargo brokerage account to a Wells Fargo checking account and it let me do the whole thing, probably because it was staying inside WF.

Are you one the west coast? We have the same VIN and same car, but you're a week ahead of me. I'm all the way on the east coast so I assume there's probably at least an extra week there.

Reactions: Infrain
Turns out I'm fine. My concern was I'm making slightly over a $30K down payment and I was afraid I might be limited to $5K a day so it would have taken me 7 days to get the money transferred from my brokerage account to a 'usable', checking account. But the transfer was from a Wells Fargo brokerage account to a Wells Fargo checking account and it let me do the whole thing, probably because it was staying inside WF.

Are you one the west coast? We have the same VIN and same car, but you're a week ahead of me. I'm all the way on the east coast so I assume there's probably at least an extra week there.
Yeah, I'm in Seattle. That makes sense, the closer to Fremont the earlier the delivery date.

Yeah, I'm in Seattle. That makes sense, the closer to Fremont the earlier the delivery date.
Well, I know what your SA said, but I'll still be watching to see how you turn out. The timing all makes sense; if you were built on the 6th, probably hung around the lot a few days waiting for a convoy north. So hang around a few days, maybe a few days dropping off cars all the way to McChord AFB North, get to your delivery center around the 11th and that gives them a few days to prep or whatever for a potential pick up on the 13th. Add an extra week in there for me on the east coast and the 20th falls right in my 18 - 24 window.

So maybe the 6th was white-on-white day. For whatever reason I'm glad they were built in 2022 and came straight from the factory to us and aren't EOQ orphans that have bounced around or been rejected. I'd love to luck out and get all the new stuff, but frankly that's not what I ordered and I honestly don't have it in me to complain or manipulate the system to get a car that someone after me paid maybe $5,000 more for than I did when I never expected to get that stuff in the first place.

I asked my SA: I heard that Model Y being shipped in January is now getting a few updates including the new AMD processor, a new li-ion 12v battery, heated windshield wipers, and ventilated seats. Can you confirm if any of those points are true?

He replied: You are correct on those upgrades. Once a VIN is assigned, I'll be able to fully see the specs of the car to confirm.

I asked my SA: I heard that Model Y being shipped in January is now getting a few updates including the new AMD processor, a new li-ion 12v battery, heated windshield wipers, and ventilated seats. Can you confirm if any of those points are true?

He replied: You are correct on those upgrades. Once a VIN is assigned, I'll be able to fully see the specs of the car to confirm.
Sounds consistent with who I spoke with. They confirmed my VIN had the updated AMD processor. I did not ask about the other items though.