Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anchorage, Alaska potential Model 3 buyer wants to sit in one first, any owners there?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seats are pretty comfy and have 3 heat setting. Adjusts in all directions via controls on the side and has lumbar support.

NOTE: Only the driver side saves to profiles. Passenger side has no profiles - multiple passengers will have to fiddle each time they get in.

Model 3 does not come with heated steering wheel though (off topic).

Happy EVing Sandy.

You likely know this already due to having back problems, but do see if you can find someone that will let you drive the car around for 30 minutes at least.

The Model 3 seats are just as adjustable as most mid-tier cars these days, and the seats are nicely bolstered. However I personally have a very hard time being comfortable on longer drives in regular driving positions with it. Mostly my lower back and my "driving leg". The only other car I've driven with this issue was our Honda Fit.

If you happen to find yourself in Southern BC for any reason, my Model 3 is available.

Oh, on the back issue:

I wiped out my back big time almost two years ago now. Standing was unbearable. Sitting was an extreme challenge. I even spent some time in a wheelchair. This was before we got our Model 3. I was maybe halfway better when we got our 3 in July 2018. I found sitting in the Model 3 to be absolutely the best place I'd found: desk chair, sofa, dining chair, other cars--the Tesla beat them all. For me it felt almost therapeutic, like it was supporting me in all the right spots and easing the pain.

Having said that, no two back pain stories are identical, and you may have a very different experience.

At 64, this was a unique buying experience for me, I put down the $1,000 to reserve and waited almost two years. Never even saw one in person and took delivery without ever having driven it.
I've had a three-level lumbar fusion, and I agree with Charley - most comfortable seats I've experienced. Of course, the sitting experience is subjective, but we've taken a 2,800-mile road trip and I had no discomfort at all.

You likely know this already due to having back problems, but do see if you can find someone that will let you drive the car around for 30 minutes at least.

The Model 3 seats are just as adjustable as most mid-tier cars these days, and the seats are nicely bolstered. However I personally have a very hard time being comfortable on longer drives in regular driving positions with it. Mostly my lower back and my "driving leg". The only other car I've driven with this issue was our Honda Fit.

If you happen to find yourself in Southern BC for any reason, my Model 3 is available.

Thanks so much for describing your experience. I always have to use a "relax the back" self-inflating back rest, so it's also a matter of how it works with that. (To be honest, without that the head rests would be a problem for my neck, too, given my size, since it allows my head to be straight, rather than pushed forward.)

Thanks for the offer, too! Will keep you posted!

At 64, this was a unique buying experience for me, I put down the $1,000 to reserve and waited almost two years. Never even saw one in person and took delivery without ever having driven it.
I've had a three-level lumbar fusion, and I agree with Charley - most comfortable seats I've experienced. Of course, the sitting experience is subjective, but we've taken a 2,800-mile road trip and I had no discomfort at all.
Thanks for that. Of course, given that I'm probably not your size (and almost 70), our experience might well be different. But I appreciate knowing that.

Reactions: Tron 3
Oh, on the back issue:

I wiped out my back big time almost two years ago now. Standing was unbearable. Sitting was an extreme challenge. I even spent some time in a wheelchair. This was before we got our Model 3. I was maybe halfway better when we got our 3 in July 2018. I found sitting in the Model 3 to be absolutely the best place I'd found: desk chair, sofa, dining chair, other cars--the Tesla beat them all. For me it felt almost therapeutic, like it was supporting me in all the right spots and easing the pain.

Having said that, no two back pain stories are identical, and you may have a very different experience.

That's great news. I hope that it works that well for me!

Reactions: CharleyBC
Seats are pretty comfy and have 3 heat setting. Adjusts in all directions via controls on the side and has lumbar support.

NOTE: Only the driver side saves to profiles. Passenger side has no profiles - multiple passengers will have to fiddle each time they get in.

Model 3 does not come with heated steering wheel though (off topic).

Happy EVing Sandy.

Thanks for letting me know about what is available and in which models. I'm used to not having a heated steering wheel, but it sure would be nice. Still, I think the Model 3 is likely the one for me.

Does Tesla have a service center near you? Superchargers? Sales office?

If you have those nearby you should be fine, assuming you decide you like the car. If you don’t, be cautious.
No superchargers. No service. No sales center. Colosest ones at about 3000 miles away. My closest supercharger is further than Atlanta to San Diego

We love the model 3. It does awesome in Alaska. For me the seats are very nice. More supportive and comfortable then our Mercedes e and Lexus LX570

Last edited:
I am very interested in leasing or buying a Model 3, but need to try out the seats before I do so because of back problems.
Is there anyone in Anchorage, Alaska (or nearby) who would allow me to sit in their Model 3?
Thanks, Sandy
From this forum, I remember reading that some people have more issues with ingress and egress
than seating confort because the car is low compare to similar cars or SUV.

If it's your case, the Model Y might be more easy for seating as it will have taller doors.
There is also a setting for easy acces to move the sterring wheel and the seat.

Other comment would be that the 18" migh provide a litte smoother ride
unless you prefer nicer handling and look of the 19" or 20".

Reactions: Tron 3 and camalaio
No superchargers. No service. No sales center. Colosest ones at about 3000 miles away. My closest supercharger is further than Atlanta to San Diego
On a full charge with a LR I think you could plan a fishing trip weekend from Anchorage to Seward
or a one way trip to Denali State Park (Plugshare shows that there is an L2 charger at the K'esugi Ken Campground).

You really need to get a service center and some Superchargers and distination chargers.

Last edited: