Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

And the conspiracy theories begin...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No serious person in business wants to engage in behavior that jeopardizes the business. How would a steel-ball-meets-window stunt impact business? First of all, the negative publicity. Second, there's an excellent chance someone will expose the stunt, which means company officials lied and got caught at it. That impacts credibility and sales. Company officials don't want anyone doubting their assertions. A stunt you got caught at means people will doubt you the next time you make a pronouncement. It's far better to just play it straight.

Elon was thrown, the whole presentation went to *sugar*. Its turned out not bad on marketing but still..
Elon looked more frustrated with the PowerPoint person. The slides weren’t changing on time, he’d have to sit in silence nodding his head over and over again until they flipped.
But Elon had the PowerPoint off to start the show. It was suppose to begin with the inspiration behind the truck but Elon slipped to the second slide so whoever was in control was trying to catch up.
I thought that was the strangest part though.

Elon was visibly pissed and flustered. No way it was planned. But it ended up being a positive, IMO, since it got way more attention to the CyberTruck. I doubt people really care about their windows being vulnerable to steel balls, since that’s what they’re used to, but I’m sure they’ve also seen the footage of Hanz hitting the car with the sledge with no damage and they got eyes on the truck itself.