Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Andersen EV charger support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For what it's worth, I cannot fault the new owners. Prior to the administration, I noticed that the powder coating was starting to peel in one tiny area. Andersen sent a new panel out quick-sharp.
In October I noticed that RCM errors were happening frequently. I would normally get maybe one error every two months, but was now getting one per week, which meant that overnight charging was failing. Evios acted quickly on a webchat and within a week they had sent a new unit (everything bar the charging cable and front panel) and an engineer to install it all.

Top marks for honouring the Andersen warranty.

For what it's worth, I cannot fault the new owners. Prior to the administration, I noticed that the powder coating was starting to peel in one tiny area. Andersen sent a new panel out quick-sharp.
In October I noticed that RCM errors were happening frequently. I would normally get maybe one error every two months, but was now getting one per week, which meant that overnight charging was failing. Evios acted quickly on a webchat and within a week they had sent a new unit (everything bar the charging cable and front panel) and an engineer to install it all.

Top marks for honouring the Andersen warranty.
that's good to hear.

I've only had one interaction with them since the takeover, and they replied promptly to my email so my experience positive thus far also.

My unit did not auto adjust from British Summer time, and my charger was coming on an hour too early and using expensive electrons. In case anyone else has same issue, I reconfirmed location/time zone on the app and it corrected itself.

My unit also had a phase of multiple RCM faults a year or so ago, Andersen (original owners) did lots of diagnosis, and did some software updates.... it seems to have largely corrected itself now - was never offered a replacement unit!

I've had a complete unit failure (no lights - consumer unit fuse seems OK). Tried resets etc with no joy. I first spoke to Andersen in December - 6 calls now, every time I'm promised a call back the following day that never happens. Has anyone else had active support in the last month?

I've had a complete unit failure (no lights - consumer unit fuse seems OK). Tried resets etc with no joy. I first spoke to Andersen in December - 6 calls now, every time I'm promised a call back the following day that never happens. Has anyone else had active support in the last month?
I honestly don't mean to sound like a dick, but have you used the cu breaker to turn it off and back on?

I also noticed that some local fitters/electricians are now advertising the ability to install Andersen's. Might be worth finding a local place to talk to? I spotted this through looking for an eddi installer on their website.

Reactions: goul
I honestly don't mean to sound like a dick, but have you used the cu breaker to turn it off and back on?

I also noticed that some local fitters/electricians are now advertising the ability to install Andersen's. Might be worth finding a local place to talk to? I spotted this through looking for an eddi installer on their website.
No worries about sounding bad - any help is more than welcome. Unit terminates in main consumer unit to the house(photo attached). Reset on that flips the switch and returning it to on doesn't do anything for the unit.

Failure condition was that it was about 5 mins into a charge and CU tripped. Unable to get anything from it post that. Really disappointing as its been flawless for 2.5 years and I love the look of the unit.

Attachments

• IMG_3531.png
    IMG_3531.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 180
Reactions: Avendit
Sounds like it may have fried ☹️. The front decorative panel is really easy to take off, unwind the cable and a couple of hex or star screws down the inside from the top.

My first unit was visibly green on the inside in places where the waterproofing hasn't quite held up and eventually it blew. Might be worth a look, if only to confirm the unit's death and move the conversation along.

I’ve been speaking and emailing for 3 months. I think 1 poor girl is doing the lot. My charger is intermittent and often won’t charge the car for more than 5-10 mins at a time. I’m convinced it’s to do with their servers as it only started after they originally went bust. They do phone back but not when they say, usually a day or two later.

I’ve been speaking and emailing for 3 months. I think 1 poor girl is doing the lot. My charger is intermittent and often won’t charge the car for more than 5-10 mins at a time. I’m convinced it’s to do with their servers as it only started after they originally went bust. They do phone back but not when they say, usually a day or two later.
A simple way to know is disconnect it from the wifi so it goes into dumb mode and doesn't require accessing the servers, have had mine like this for months.

A simple way to know is disconnect it from the wifi so it goes into dumb mode and doesn't require accessing the servers, have had mine like this for months.
It’s been messing about in dumb mode as well on occasion. I think I need a new unit. Trying to persuade them at the mo. Maybe more than one issue but the bottom line is I cannot rely on it to charge the car at the moment.

It’s been messing about in dumb mode as well on occasion. I think I need a new unit. Trying to persuade them at the mo. Maybe more than one issue but the bottom line is I cannot rely on it to charge the car at the moment.
If it happens in dumb mode and the car works on other chargers then sounds like a faulty charger must be the issue

I'm sure you have all seen it, but for those that didn't get the new Andersen news letter this morning, I think the key bits of interest were the £1.5 mill investment is what sounds like a refactor of the back end, and an incoming app update:

Kønnect+ App Update

We are also currently undertaking a major update of the Kønnect+ app, with new features and essential maintenance being the key priority. We are excited to bring this customers in the next few weeks, with many of our existing users already playing a key role in providing vital feedback on the development. We will be providing updates on this in our subsequent newsletters.

An old friend has made a triumphant return! At the back end of last year I announced that premium charger manufacturer Andersen EV had gone bust, however, they are now back and better than ever with the backing support of EVIOS. It's time to upgrade the cheese wall... Again!

In case of interest - posted 13 Apr 2023 - installing a new Andersen - at 8:33 talking about ongoing support

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
My A2 just stopped working yesterday - seems to have stopped detecting that it’s plugged into a car. Have called support and opened a case, and will be trying a goodwill warranty claim as the new owners are not officially honouring the previous owners warranties. Will see how we go with that

My A2 just stopped working yesterday - seems to have stopped detecting that it’s plugged into a car. Have called support and opened a case, and will be trying a goodwill warranty claim as the new owners are not officially honouring the previous owners warranties. Will see how we go with that
Make sure you have the right email address. Mine went wrong I emailed them got a ticket chased by email over several weeks with no reply. Then called apparently they had no access to the address I emailed on due to the buyout. Not 100% sure that was true, still took almost three months to get it sorted. Like others have said I think mine is a complete replacement minus the casing. However fair play to the new owners they could have left me out in the cold.

I thought that they were?
They replaced the entire innards under warranty of my Andersen in December 22

I thought that they were?
They replaced the entire innards under warranty of my Andersen in December 22
I did end up getting a complete replacement innards as well - props to the new owners for being willing to honour the previous owners warranties, even though they don’t have to.

Now just waiting until next week for the installer to come and do the swap over.

Has anyone with an Andersen A2 managed to get the scheduled charging working properly via the Konnect+ app? I can set a schedule up for the Octopus Go off-peak hours, but can find no way to select / enable the schedule for actual charging. Tried recreating the schedule again, it set another up bot no toggle to activate.

Am I missing something obvious?

Has anyone with an Andersen A2 managed to get the scheduled charging working properly via the Konnect+ app? I can set a schedule up for the Octopus Go off-peak hours, but can find no way to select / enable the schedule for actual charging. Tried recreating the schedule again, it set another up bot no toggle to activate.

Am I missing something obvious?

there should be a toggle button on that screen to the right hand side of the time, to turn the schedule on and off.... looks to be missing?

Just checked mine and it shows okay.

I'd try re-installing the app.