Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Andorra

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone experienced problems in Andorra - We are travelling through Spain and wanted to go back through Andorra. I have tried to route though using the Tesla app and set destinations in Andorra and the app won't let me. Anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks

Hi Jason - Yep Ibiza was fine - except for grounding on the camino all the time!!!!. Managed to find a neighbour who let us use his solar for a few days. Otherwise we used Juicepass - you can charge by the app at Can Curune. However we tried lots and lots of others - they all need RFID from the town hall + Ibezican registration to access. Juicepass had terrible reviews but it worked fine on the only one on the island we could find working. There is a really good set of destination chargers at the shopping mall in Denia which were free and give 22 kW if anyone needs to use them. SCs in Spain have been fine - Portugal - less so. Always managed to get to the destination but may need to try a few before you can get not to work. Have reported broken SCs.
Not sure how to post on Spain and Portugal forum - I don't think I need to charge in Andorra - I just wondered why I couldn't get a route through. Thanks for all the advice guys, I will look up the Inici - Casa Rural Rustic Vilella. - (Thanks M3noob). We have stayed at some amazing rural hotels in Spain - often the only guests.

Sad our 6 week excursion is coming to an end soon...........

I cross the Pyrenees down to Valencia a few times a year but normally via Biarritz/Bayonne or in summer, I'll 'go over the top' via Pau and Portalet. Interesting, the online route planner will not, as you say, take you through Andorra. It maybe because there are no superchargers in Andorra but more likely because it doesn't see it as an optimal route - if you've been to Andorra, you'll know why - the road up and down is not exactly a relaxing drive. If you use the in-car nav however, it will work and point you to 22kw chargers which are available at various hotels in the principality as shown in the link below. Obviously, I don't know your route but if you plan say the La Seu d'Urgell supercharger to the Toulouse Supercharger, although on the app it takes you to the east of Andorra you could just override that while driving. Not sure I'd try after the end of October though for weather reasons.

Recharges à Destination en Andorre | Tesla France

Mine miscounts junctions on roundabouts sometimes but I have never lost an entire country.
You managed to find somewhere to charge in Ibiza then I take it?
Oh the joy of the miscounts on roundabouts. I know it so well.
The number of times I have simply taken the correct numerical exit only to be chastised by Mrs Mead that I took the wrong exit (followed by discussion who was wrong). Mrs Mead has finally accepted that the numerical exit number is not the most reliable...especially in Spain.

Thanks Sparkeur for the information. We are at L'Aldea at the moment and will start out journey home on Thursday. Perhaps we will give Andorra a miss this time. We last travelled through 40 years ago! We thought that the Toulouse route would be the best as we wanted to travel back up the west coast of France. I think we will follow your advice. Thanks

Last time we drove up and through Andorra, from France to Spain, the trip took a heck of a lot longer than we thought, so it may just be as mentioned above, that the route is too slow to be included in the route planner. We also got held up for a long time with the border check. We were staying in France (near Carcassonne) and driving a friend's French registered car that we'd borrowed, and this seemed to cause a bit of suspicion, as they made us completely empty the car to search everything. We'd (wrongly) assumed that the border with Andorra would be just like most other EU borders, but as Andorra isn't in the EU they still had conventional border controls when we drove through there.

We are at L'Aldea at the moment and will start out journey home on Thursday. Perhaps we will give Andorra a miss this time. We last travelled through 40 years ago! We thought that the Toulouse route would be the best as we wanted to travel back up the west coast of France. I think we will follow your advice.

A suggestion then, and it is only that depending on how long you are taking for the drive and where you are crossing from France, you might try Zaragoza, Pamplona, Biarritz, Bordeaux, Poitiers, Le Mans etc...
Superchargers all the way and some great hotels. Would certainly recommend Hotel Hiberus, Zaragoza

• Love
Reactions: M3noob
Thanks for the suggestion, we looked up your ' over the top' via Pau and Portalet' route. It had some great write ups as a scenic route. Would you recommend this as a route back? The weather Thursday is some light snow on the Col du Pourtelet. Haven't driven the M3 in the snow yet- MS was awful!! Maybe next time in May/June might be better. we have to be back on Saturday night 10pm for the channel crossing. Is the tunnel on the E7 a better bet or does that not help? If not we will take up your Zaragossa Biarritz suggestion but its a long way out. Thanks for the advice once again.

Thanks for the suggestion, we looked up your ' over the top' via Pau and Portalet' route. It had some great write ups as a scenic route. Would you recommend this as a route back?

You're very welcome.

Which ferry are you catching or maybe it doesn't matter if you have plenty of time? If you go from Altea to Toulouse, Tesla will route you pretty high across the Pyrenees - it's nice but long and winding. From Toulouse, I guess your plan was to head to Bordeaux? According to Tesla, the trip to Bordeaux will take you around 14 hours. As you state, I can see first light snow forecast for Wednesday/Thursday.

The route I suggested yesterday is actually shorter at 12 hours to Bordeaux and you do get Pamplona and Biarritz...after that, it's a straight run up to Saintes, Poitiers etc.

'Over the top' is fun but again, very winding and long and it's not just snow that can cause a problem - rain/fog makes it tough. I save it for June to mid-September.

PS Snap! My sister lives in Camberley:D