Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Android App Latest Update Bugs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed the latest version of the Android App a couple of days ago. Nothing visibly different as far as I can see. Except - most of the functionality seems to have stopped working. Changing the charge limit comes up with a "Failed to set charge limit" popup together with a "Check internet connection" message at the bottom. Sometimes the action you request happens regardless of the message, sometimes not. For the record there is no internet connection problem with my phone and it's a Pixel 2.

Anyone else had this problem? How do you roll back to the previous version?

Reactions: exlatccatsa
I installed the latest version of the Android App a couple of days ago. Nothing visibly different as far as I can see. Except - most of the functionality seems to have stopped working. Changing the charge limit comes up with a "Failed to set charge limit" popup together with a "Check internet connection" message at the bottom. Sometimes the action you request happens regardless of the message, sometimes not. For the record there is no internet connection problem with my phone and it's a Pixel 2.

The latest Android version is still not available for my Samsung S20 Ultra on Play Store. I guess they are still working out bugs/testing the app.

Incidentally, I had a few issues over the weekend with my app v 3.10.14. I tried few commands remotely (venting being the main one) to only be told it failed - repeatedly. I had put this down to connectivity at first but Netflix on LTE worked fine and even after connecting to wifi still no joy. I was close to raising a ticket but didn't get round to it.

Seems fine today though.

Reactions: exlatccatsa
When you say you installed the latest version - do you meant the v4, via APKmirror, or just a standard regular update via the google app store.

If the former be aware the 4.0.0-644 has been superseded by 4.0.1-6646.

I've got the 4.0.1 and it's working fine
I've installed 4.0.1 the same way - via APKmirror - and it works fine (so far!). I don't think android v4 is available on the Play store at the moment.

V4 is available on the Play Store as that is how I got my update. Android updates are like Tesla updates...comes in batches.
Yup, just updated mine... everything seems to be working just fine. Ok, so one bug. It would not connect to the 3 for starting purposes. It showed "connected" on the phone, but wanted my key card to actually start the vehicle.

For my 3, it's now downloading 2021.24.4...

Last edited:

I have exactly the same issue. Worked flawlessly up until 3 weeks ago on a Model 3. Picked up my Model Y today and most commands via Wi-Fi/cellular data fail or reports failed but still happens. I've tried every trick in the book with logout/in, empty cache, reinstall, reset car etc. But nothing has helped. iPhone 7 works with no issues on the same car.

Reactions: adsheff
The latest version installed on Friday (4.0.1-646)
The car wouldn't unlock automatically when I pressed the door handle and I had to use one of my cards.
Although it would lock when I walked away.

I removed it from the list of keys and then re-added it.
Seems to work OK now.

The latest version installed on Friday (4.0.1-646)
The car wouldn't unlock automatically when I pressed the door handle and I had to use one of my cards.
Although it would lock when I walked away.

I removed it from the list of keys and then re-added it.
Seems to work OK now.
If your phone has nfc, you can tap it on the B pillar to unlock the car.

V3 stopped working for me so I installed V4 via APK Mirror. This allowed me to set functions correctly again but now I'm not getting any notifications. I've checked the app settings and all looks correct, but nothing coming through.

Anyone else seeing this please? I'm on a OnePlus 9 Pro running the latest Android version. I think I saw some of the Apple guys reporting similar?

Cheers