TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Android Problems With First Call

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by bigheaddog, May 14, 2019.

1. bigheaddog

bigheaddog Member

So, this is odd. When I first get into my S and try to make a phone call using Bluetooth connecting to my Android, the first call I make has no audio. I cannot hear the call being made. I believe the person I call can hear me, but I cannot hear anything... no ringing, no talk. The call timer is active and it looks like the call is going through. When I hang up the phone and call again, and for every call after during the same drive, the audio works just fine.

This is a relatively new issue (perhaps over the past 9 months).

Any insight would be appreciated.

2. Ande

Ande Member

Just change the volume by scrolling on left steering wheel scroll button, and it will be ok...till next day.
    Old issue, embarrassingly many software versions had it.

3. bigheaddog

bigheaddog Member

Thanks, Ande

4. imsachin

imsachin Member

I have the exact same symptoms with iPhone XS too. Have now given up trying to get it fixed. I make the first call of the drive, hangup immediately and then call again and get on with my life :)

• Disagree x 1
  5. bhawkins4194

bhawkins4194 Member

As soon as the tesla pops up that there is a call starting, roll the volume wheel to adjust the volume, it will fix it for the day.

• Like x 1