Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Announcing the EV Trip Optimizer for Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good suggestion on default values when you change the car type. I will add it to the list.

You can see this on both the individual waypoint pushpin popup and also from the Trip Details under the menu.

Awesome thanks!

Correct me if I am wrong but I think 'power factor' = 'speed multiplier'

One last thing: it appears that it is not transferring my 100% origin charge default setting (as I changed it to) into my current trips even after optimizing------ edit: fixed after canceling and redoing trip

Correct me if I am wrong but I think 'power factor' = 'speed multiplier'
No, actually it does not, but it can have the same effect.

It actually looks at all the factors that point to driving style, speed just being one of them. Your use of regen braking for example or if you are towing something. A speed factor would mostly increase wind resistance in my app, and there is a lot more going on than that.

Think of it is a driving style "hack". Your experience with the app and trips over time will help you tune what PF you need to use. I will say most of the beta users settled on something around .5 to 1. Me being a bit more conservative in my driving style,
stayed closer to 0.
One last thing: it appears that it is not transferring my 100% origin charge default setting (as I changed it to) into my current trips even after optimizing
Yes. This is by design. If your change the settings or My Cars details after creating a trip, it will not go back and adjust your trip(s). You will have to do each one manually in the Edit Details menu item or Calculate, if you changed something in the My Cars.

If this is not your problem, let me know otherwise.

Nice! I've only played with this app for a few minutes, but I very much like the concept. There are a few places where there was a hang or a timeout (communicating with the back-end server I guess?), but hopefully those'll get worked out soon. This app (like I guess all trip planner-type applications) really benefits from a large screen (e.g. iPad, not iPhone).

Bruce.

Nice! I've only played with this app for a few minutes, but I very much like the concept. There are a few places where there was a hang or a timeout (communicating with the back-end server I guess?), but hopefully those'll get worked out soon. This app (like I guess all trip planner-type applications) really benefits from a large screen (e.g. iPad, not iPhone).

Bruce.

Yeah I'm testing on my Ipad Pro 12.9" and it looks decent enough on that screen. I'm not considering loading it onto my iPhone for now...

Bruce.
Thanks for the comments. If you could tell me where that happened I will try to look into it. There are some suspect places but it would be nice to narrow down the search. You can PM me or send a note to [email protected]

• Informative
Reactions: JClu
Yeah I'm testing on my Ipad Pro 12.9" and it looks decent enough on that screen. I'm not considering loading it onto my iPhone for now...
It is sweet on the iPad, but I designed it to be used for the larger phones too (no iPhone 4's :)).

This was another driver behind making the segmented trip feature, so a days worth of stops would fit on the smaller devices.

Many of my testors where on iPhone 6's and Android Galaxy's.

You can add all the waypoints you need. Either press on the map or use the Add Waypoint menu item. They can be charging or non charging stops.

You can also change the waypoint order too from the Trip Summary menu item.

This is something to consider but as soon as you Optimize, it will force a route on you based on charging needs. Google Maps is tuned for ICE cars without these types of restrictions.

Note you can also put a non charging waypoint along a desired route and then check the SOC chart to make sure your car can handle it. The pushpin colors will also give you a heads up immediately if your route will not work.
Can the waypoints be used for destination charging at hotels with chargers? Where you spend the night while your car charges and continue your trip in the AM?

Can the waypoints be used for destination charging at hotels with chargers? Where you spend the night while your car charges and continue your trip in the AM?
Absolutely. But you should look at the Multi-Segment feature (part of the Pro package) for the best approach to this. These are known in the app as Continuation Trips.

Trip Optimizer Tutorial | Digital Auto Guides

Just a note: I found some supercharger addresses that had null provinces/states. This caused at least one user to have a major issue. I am working on a solution but it may take a week to get it fixed and approved by Apple. I can fix some of these manually so if you run into an issue where you get a error: ZERO_RESULTS when Calculating or Optimizing, share the trip to [email protected] and PM me too so I can try to fix it for you directly.

Sorry about that. The issue is that up until last weekend I always used lat/longs for the superchargers and I found Google not routing efficiently. Routing to the address was more accurate. However I did not realize that some of the data I got from Tesla did not have provinces/states so I am going to have to work on that.