Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Announcing the EV Trip Optimizer for Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once again Google has changed how they charge for services. A dramatic change in address lookups could DOOM EVTO. I just released 4.2 that will require you to enter 6 characters before it looks for an address. This is a hack until I can come up with a better way.

Google is supposed to honor a session for each lookup but that does not seem to work. I have a request in to deal with that.

So please update to Version 4.2 ASAP and as usual, contact me through the Feedback Report on the main menu if you encounter any problems or just want to make a comment/suggestion.

EVTO 4.3.1 was released today. Under the cover it's a fairly major change. I ended up stripping about all of Google from the app except the map, some geolocation information and map places selection (those place icons you see on the map). Google kept raising their prices every few months and no matter what I did to contain them, they just increased it some more. This also affects the address lookups which are not as nice as Google's but are hopefully doable.

So you might find that the road speeds are not the same as Google's. In some cases they are pretty close but in others, 5 miles an hour slower. So pay attention to your average speeds and make modifications to the speed adjust in Edit Segment Details as needed. You can have a separate speed adjustment for each segment.

Also I have updated the Model S base efficiency calculations. Review these too. In the case of the MS75D and SW limited 60D EVTO was underestimating. They should all be spot on now as I went through each one with a test trip to validate the base assumptions. I even had a chance to test it against a real MS75D AP2 as that was my loaner car while my MX was in for service last week.

Besides stripping out Google to save money it turns out I can get some more granular elevation information and so I am planning on applying that when 5.0 comes out later this year. This will result in more accurate estimates in mountainous areas where frequent passes are traversed. It will also make the Consumption Chart more granular too as the estimates will be smaller based on drive length vs just leg length.

As usual use the Feedback Report on the main menu to share ideas or alert me to any issues you encounter.

Version 4.3.3 has fixed this issue.

Sorry.... I have no idea how to use the app and am not sure what I'm doing wrong. I entered all my details, but I don't see any information on energy usage or rated km used. See screenshot.

fullsizeoutput_31b1.jpeg

Sorry.... I have no idea how to use the app and am not sure what I'm doing wrong. I entered all my details, but I don't see any information on energy usage or rated km used. See screenshot.
This looks to be a bug or some other issue.

If you could use the Feedback Report on the main menu and choose the Active Trip checkbox I can debug it personally and determine what might be going on in your situation.