Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annoying CNN article...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really wish Tesla would implement some system that allowed us to let go of the steering wheel (for as long as we want) on autopilot but still ensure we're paying attention.. It's super annoying to have to hold the wheel.

Cadillac is the only supplier of hands-free autosteering at the moment. But others will follow. If Cadillac made a >400HP EV, I'd be driving it today.

Hi,
I love CNN...don't get me wrong.... but they just posted an article about the Ford MACH E and it's new autopilot coming next year....

It was clearly an ad for the car... and then they say this...

Some other systems, like Tesla's Autopilot, require a firm tug in the steering wheel to return control to the driver.

UGH....I just wanted to comment...but of course you can't. Is it even worth emailing the author?

Ford's electric Mustang will offer hands-free driving technology next year - CNN
You love CNN???? Geez...junk news and nothing but bias.....I have good critical thinking skills and quit watching them years ago. Watch Al Jazerra or the BBC if you want less editorial. Even then, critique what is being said. CNN is inflammatory garbage.

I read one of the articles on the new Mustang EV and how Ford's autopilot will be better than Tesla's. However the article says that Ford states it will work on "100,000 miles of divided highway."
Tesla's autopilot works on more than 100,000 miles and roads other than just divided highways. Hmmm...doesn't really sound better.

Reactions: TX_M3P+
2 observations

1) Ford needs all the help it can get right now, not surprised to see what was the golden child of the US economy needing some favourable press

2) A firm tug is not always a bad thing. But perhaps not safe whilst driving.

Hi,
I love CNN...don't get me wrong.... but they just posted an article about the Ford MACH E and it's new autopilot coming next year....

It was clearly an ad for the car... and then they say this...

Some other systems, like Tesla's Autopilot, require a firm tug in the steering wheel to return control to the driver.

UGH....I just wanted to comment...but of course you can't. Is it even worth emailing the author?

Ford's electric Mustang will offer hands-free driving technology next year - CNN
You love CNN? What about idiots hosting fake news appeals to you so much?