Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another AC Post

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my AC was working perfectly since I took delivery in March. Now after several updates I am having an intermittent problem. Randomly I will get in the car after it is parked for a while and the AC will blow slightly cool but not cold air. If I manually turn off the climate control then turn it back on to auto the problem corrects and it will start blowing ice cold air. Any ideas?

For those with A/C issues, make sure you note the time and date, the virtual tech will want to know this so they can bring up the logs.

This is a Text I got:

Thank you for the detail, we are passing this forward to our Virtual Technician team to take a deeper look. Is July the last time this has occurred?

Fred

Does that not make it a badly designed system if the car is doing that on purpose?

That's a pretty big reason not to buy a Y if they have to disable the AC to cool the battery. Be fun riding to work in a suit.
No it doesn't. Just like the fact you don't own a Tesla, have a newer account, and the vast majority of your posts being negative to Tesla doesn't mean you're being a troll on purpose.

No it doesn't. Just like the fact you don't own a Tesla, have a newer account, and the vast majority of your posts being negative to Tesla doesn't mean you're being a troll on purpose.

What did he say wrong?
In NV today is 106 f. If my Model Y is left under hot sun for 3 hours what we are supposed to do?
Add to that small children, babies, people with heart condition ....
Are we going to say - " Sorry folks battery first, you will get cold air when our car thinks its time" ?

What did he say wrong?

What did he say wrong?
(1) Implied that the MY is a badly designed car, when clearly this is not a typical problem.
(2) The fact that from his first post just weeks ago, he's bagged on Tesla.
I clearly stated his posts don't necessarily mean he's a troll.

If this happened to our MY, I would certainly be on Tesla's case about it! (My one experience with the LV SvC was they were wonderfully accommodating and solved our minor (firmware) MS problem back in 2015.)

But what I would not be doing is spewing about "design" problem with no evidence.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
What did he say wrong?
(1) Implied that the MY is a badly designed car, when clearly this is not a typical problem.
(2) The fact that from his first post just weeks ago, he's bagged on Tesla.
I clearly stated his posts don't necessarily mean he's a troll.

If this happened to our MY, I would certainly be on Tesla's case about it! (My one experience with the LV SvC was they were wonderfully accommodating and solved our minor (firmware) MS problem back in 2015.)

But what I would not be doing is spewing about "design" problem with no evidence.
Well there is a design problem. There was a design change to the super manifold. My MY has been in the shop for 3 weeks and that’s finally what they are replacing. Other posts here confirm the same. Here’s your evidence. The parts catalog lists a 1547595-00-B, and they ordered 1547595-00-C so it's clearly a revised unit.

• Disagree
Well I didn't think starting an account here this year makes any difference. Doesn't change the fact that if they did prioritize the battery to be cooled at the expense of the cabin is just stupid and makes the car unusable for alot of people.

And I have owned a model 3 for exactly 5 days early last year. It was delivered with many small issues that they would not put in writing that they would be fixed and in a timely manner, they figured it would be in the shop for 2-3 weeks depending on parts.. So return it was. More recently a family member ordered a Y which was delivered with the worst paint I have seen on a vehicle. She is not very tech literate so I came here a few months back to read up.

Alot of people here seem to treat a car like a loved one and blindly follow a company and let them off with things they should fix and should never have ben delivered in the first place. I find it funny that some think there is a "mission" but the management proves every three months they are no different than any other corporation that is all about the $$$. Which is fine as that's what pays the bills but putting out beta product is going to hurt them more in the long run.

• Disagree
Well I didn't think starting an account here this year makes any difference. Doesn't change the fact that if they did prioritize the battery to be cooled at the expense of the cabin is just stupid and makes the car unusable for alot of people.
And I have owned a model 3 for exactly 5 days early last year. It was delivered with many small issues that they would not put in writing that they would be fixed and in a timely manner, they figured it would be in the shop for 2-3 weeks depending on parts.. So return it was. More recently a family member ordered a Y which was delivered with the worst paint I have seen on a vehicle. She is not very tech literate so I came here a few months back to read up.

Alot of people here seem to treat a car like a loved one and blindly follow a company and let them off with things they should fix and should never have ben delivered in the first place. I find it funny that some think there is a "mission" but the management proves every three months they are no different than any other corporation that is all about the $$$. Which is fine as that's what pays the bills but putting out beta product is going to hurt them more in the long run.
A lot of people blindly follow Internet posts such as yours and believe that's typical. It's just not.

As to the design, "if they did prioritize the battery to be cooled at the expense of the cabin is just stupid" doesn't even deserve a response. Do you think that everyone with a Model Y is experiencing this issue? Clearly, SOME Model Ys are having a problem. Some people claim Tesla re-designed a part as evidence of a bad design. Yet those of us with earlier deliveries (presumably with the "old" part) have zero issues.

As to your experience, returning a Model 3 after five days, seeing your family member's Y with the "worst paint," forgive me for stating the obvious: you hardly sound objective.

What did he say wrong?
In NV today is 106 f. If my Model Y is left under hot sun for 3 hours what we are supposed to do?
Add to that small children, babies, people with heart condition ....
Are we going to say - " Sorry folks battery first, you will get cold air when our car thinks its time" ?
LMAO! You invoked children, babies and the infirm. The trifecta of a politician. What office do you hold in Nevada?

When was your MY built? VIN?
Took delivery in June 096XX. Here’s another datapoint below. The graph is from my MY.
10EFD609-A0B3-4A2B-96EC-931BD771E8F3.png

Well there is a design problem. There was a design change to the super manifold. My MY has been in the shop for 3 weeks and that’s finally what they are replacing. Other posts here confirm the same. Here’s your evidence. The parts catalog lists a 1547595-00-B, and they ordered 1547595-00-C so it's clearly a revised unit.
LOL Silicon Desert disagrees / thumbs down my post? Why?

For those with A/C issues, make sure you note the time and date, the virtual tech will want to know this so they can bring up the logs.

This is a Text I got:

Thank you for the detail, we are passing this forward to our Virtual Technician team to take a deeper look. Is July the last time this has occurred?

Fred
yea, I've done that twice and tech have said everything is normal.....until they get in and drive