Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Crash..... :'(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Model S Totalled In Violent New York Crash

The article says the rear axel was completely ripped off! It's sad seeing so many crashes...

Yep more Tesla's on the road, chances of an accident go up.

Are we going to post every Tesla accident moving forward? I sure hope not, as no one cares.

If we did that for other brands there would be thousands of post daily.

Yawn.

Jalopnik=joke of a site.

Tesla Model S Totalled In Violent New York Crash

The article says the rear axel was completely ripped off! It's sad seeing so many crashes...
Pretty amazing.

ku-bigpic.jpg

It would be interesting to see some Model S crash statistics. Anecdotally, it seemed the Roadsters had a disproportionately high rate of trying to go under the car in front.

Are we going to post every Tesla accident moving forward? I sure hope not, as no one cares.

Yawn.

Jalopnik=joke of a site.
I am interested in seeing Model S's involved in accidents. It's very impressive to see how well the Model S holds up. We should have one giant thread for accidents, just like the Model S sightings thread

Yawn.

Jalopnik=joke of a site.

Shhhh. Every time Tesla gets covered in the press the more buzz and awareness it creates. Tesla has spent $0 advertising, yet has had effectively millions in free publicity. Why by the ads when you get them for free. :)

Shhhh. Every time Tesla gets covered in the press the more buzz and awareness it creates. Tesla has spent $0 advertising, yet has had effectively millions in free publicity. Why by the ads when you get them for free. :)

Except in the case of last week it wasn't positive publicity, and they lost about $2B in market cap and reputation might have been harmed. I'm still catching crap from people about my Tesla that catches fire. Maybe they should spend some money educating people.

These other accidents are just part of owning a car (as was the fire--just press and shorters decided to have a field day with it). At the end of the day the general public may or may not care.

Yawn.

Jalopnik=joke of a site.

Yes, every time the car performs admirably and saves the owner's life is worth posting about ;).

Except in the case of last week it wasn't positive publicity, and they lost about $2B in market cap and reputation might have been harmed. I'm still catching crap from people about my Tesla that catches fire. Maybe they should spend some money educating people.

These other accidents are just part of owning a car (as was the fire--just press and shorters decided to have a field day with it). At the end of the day the general public may or may not care.

There is a saying, all publicity is better than no publicity. The loss of 2 billion in market cap was not only due to the fire but also downgrade that happened same day. Tesla before lost more in the past due to downgrades which it recovered from just fine. It actually helps because then Tesla gets publicity of the stock dropping, shorts run in. And then it recovers burning the shorts and making even more publicity as it goes up. The haters are going to hate no matter what, though they don't realize their hate actually helps promote Tesla. To the average consumer, they see cars go on fire all the time and it doesn't matter to them really. But it creates buzz, and this buzz is what gets to the average consumer. Because they don't care about these incidents, they care about knowing what people are talking about. Conflict sells.

End of the day, Tesla sells their cars by making an awesome car. And that alone is what will get average consumers to commit. Good products. Good products sell themselves.

Also, that is the point of the showrooms. They are there to educate people, not sell cars. Tesla believes that if people know better and they make a good product, the car will sell itself.

Stockmarket is silly anyway. So who cares if you dont own TSLA? Loads of invester trying to find the next thingmpushin Tesla into silly value long before proven longterm performance. Sad but this is the sick part of our economy. Speculations, speculations, speculations...

love to see Tesla chrash pictures as it seems to just prove the great safety. As long as people are unharmed... Hate to see the first really bad crash. p85 in the hands of people that never drove a performance car... Sooner or later...

Tex,
We were going to see a fire one day and, given it was bound to happen, this was a "good one". There were lots of flames and such so people believed it was a real fire. Most "real fires" in ICE result in a burned out hulk. Not MS. This one really put on a barbecue on the nose and yet the rest of the car was fine. No one knew much about 1/4 armor plating on the bottom of the car before this incident and now we do. (I'm still having a hard time believing it is steel as was reported.) It took a big hunk of something to finally get around to doing significant battery damage which, like seeing bad wreck pictures where all MS occupants came out ok, is another good data point.

Sure, it would have been better if it never happened. But, if it is going to happen, I think it was the best possible case for Tesla.