Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Model S comes to AUSTIN TEXAS!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sun Dec 15

32.png
61°​

61 Degrees + Sunny

CHANCE OF RAIN:0%

Tuesday also appears to be sunny and a bit warmer. Could be perfect!

I like the way you think.

Having had that rather basic car for so long, I've actually not experienced some modern automotive niceties that some of you may already be quite used to! So - putting aside the fact that it's a Model S - here are some 2013 features that come to mind:

* In-car GPS Navigation
* Playing digital audio files through the stereo (Civic couldn't even play CDROMS loaded with MP3s)
* Playing external devices through the stereo e.g. iPod (whose reign has passed already!)
* Bluetooth cellphone integration
* Heated seats
* Rear-view camera
* Beeping backup sensors
* Traction control
* Charging USB gizmos directly
* Remote tailgate open/close
* Motorised seats w/ memory
* Remote opening of my garage doors from inside my car
* Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
* LED headlights
* Lighted doorhandles

And here is a list of things my $17,000 2002 Honda Civic already had, that I am "giving up" (oh, the sacrifice...)

* CD Player
* Coat hooks
* Grab handles for people to hold onto while they're being flung around
* Cupholder for rear-seat passengers
* Storage in the door sills
* Floormats
* A cover on the sunroof that blocks 100% of the light
* Pockets in the seatbacks
* Lighted sun visors
* Ubiquity

The second list is strange after considering the cost of the car and the "luxury car" labelling. If only they could put those in...

(I would settle for an optional CD player that could be plugged into the USB sockets. Pretty please :biggrin: )

Last edited:
I was supposed to have my car by this point!!! Was hoping to have posted a bunch of beautiful pictures of it. But, was so slammed by work today that I couldn't go to the store and pick up my Tesla... that was an odd phone call to make. Getting it first thing tomorrow morning.

The HPWC was installed today, electricians did a great job and it looks awesome. Will follow up with some info on that installation, too.

I was supposed to have my car by this point!!! Was hoping to have posted a bunch of beautiful pictures of it. But, was so slammed by work today that I couldn't go to the store and pick up my Tesla... that was an odd phone call to make. Getting it first thing tomorrow morning.

The HPWC was installed today, electricians did a great job and it looks awesome. Will follow up with some info on that installation, too.

Been wondering what happened and was waiting for awesome pics!

- - - Updated - - -

Our HPWC install has been quite the project, requiring some trenching to get to the detached garage.

hpwc trench.jpg

They're finally in the garage. I'll post pics of the inside part when they are done.

I've been so busy with work just these past few days I haven't been able to spend the time taking proper pictures yet. The car and HPWC have performed admirably so far, haven't really scratched the surface of the acceleration yet (since it is literally akin to warp speed and you have to look way down the road... it's just scary!)

Actually someone ought to have taken some pictures of the antics I have gotten up to today, backing it up and going forward just by a few inches on my sloped driveway, it might appear to the untrained eye that I don't know what the heck I am doing :)

Getting it into my garage required care and focus, since it's a 19'-wide garage, not very big for a double. My doors are narrow. The folding mirrors are really useful and fast to use since they have a dedicated button.

There was so much to go over during delivery that I got a bit snow blind towards the end, it was a little like that scene in Airplane where the camera scans across the cockpit controls...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixljWVyPby0#t=1m52s

Anyhow here's a couple of quick pics -
silver_in_driveway.jpg
silver_in_garage.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

So I was thinking about what name to give it... hmmm what was it that the Lone Ranger called his horse again?