Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another question about referrals...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I apologize if this has been covered in other posts, but I couldn't find any that covered my situation. My sales rep told me he would do me a solid and add my referral code to an order that didn't have one. I can see the referree if I click in my loot box, and over the weekend the status changed from "ordered" to "delivered" but I didn't see any additional miles come in. As this was my first referral, I am unsure if it just takes some time, or I am not going to be getting the miles. Should I reach out to the company directly (from what I have read on this site, they won't be very helpful) or just wait patiently and hope they show up eventually? As I don't have charging set up at my house yet, I was really counting on those miles to get me through until my electrician can come do the install.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

For every person that posts they were able to add a referral after they ordered, there are two that post that this was refused, and two more that post that Tesla said is was added, but they never received the benefits. If it works for you, great, but don’t be surprised if it didn’t really get added or if it drops off at some point.

For every person that posts they were able to add a referral after they ordered, there are two that post that this was refused, and two more that post that Tesla said is was added, but they never received the benefits. If it works for you, great, but don’t be surprised if it didn’t really get added or if it drops off at some point.
That's kind of what I was seeing in the forums too. I just didn't really see any posts discussing it where the referrer was actually able to see the referral with the status of "delivered".

Another thing to consider, if you are already a solar customer you can self-refer - and according to my less than helpful sales advisor it will bring double credits; that said I am waiting on my delivery this Friday and will see if that's actually true - I hope it is. I have it documented in an email so hopefully Tesla will make me whole if it's not.

Reactions: waterbrain