Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ANPR for Rapids. Are these Parking penalises becoming the EV drivers friend?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am just intrigued I think if you look at the tesla charging sites Twitter I think some countries use a QR code bollard to enter a supercharger so I think some sort of ANPR and bollard will stop ICEing. Hopefully it will be diminishing in the long term as more people transition to EVs…

With all the controversy over mainly Holiday Inn Supercharger sites being covered by ANPR Parking penalty companies, will we see them as friends now?

More to the point, if this company can spot an EV, why can't the others!

Edit, apologies for the spelling in the title..... fat fingers on moby.
Interesting if not unexpected development.

Notable that as usual amongst these gunslingers, this lot fall into the same deliberately misleading practice of referring to their charge as a 'fine'.

Your fine will be reduced to £40 if you pay within 14 days. After this time the fine will be £80.

Been saying for a while, all chargers should have a camera and ultrasonic sensor inside them that send a photo of the car if no charge has been drawn for 20 mins. Not only would it solve ICE'ing but those who think a charger is a special EV parking place.

We don't need more "Parking penises" if chargers had built in cameras the charger owner themselves could fine ice owners. This would subsidise the install and hopefully reduce costs for us.
Edit: sorry nxsynjs did not see your post. I like your ultrasonic solution - wraps the tech up nicely.