Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Restricted UK Supercharger sites - parking restrictions / registering / pay to park etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure, they were lots of cars in the car park. For sure the health club was open. And the restaurant too .. although it looked kinda deserted. I was the only one there.
The hotel hasn’t been open for many, many months to the public. It’s currently repurposed by HMG…

I think you will find the folks you could see in the restaurant were not members of the public. If you see what I’m saying.

The health club I believe remains open, but I’ve never felt the desire to train or swim there while I charge 🤣

The hotel hasn’t been open for many, many months to the public. It’s currently repurposed by HMG…

I think you will find the folks you could see in the restaurant were not members of the public. If you see what I’m saying.

The health club I believe remains open, but I’ve never felt the desire to train or swim there while I charge 🤣
Lol, I see your point. I was minding my own business, probably the NHS badge helped as I had forgotten that I have it on. Some of the looks were a bit weird, I had my work laptop and minding my own business.

• Funny
Reactions: Overworked
Might I suggest Newport Pagnell be added to the list. If you're not on the motorway, or heading North. You can't just use the southbound chargers (without an access code, 1977) as you can with Tebay and Charnock Richards.

Flimwell is now charging Tesla owners to park:

View attachment 900368

I'm going to continue to challenge it, and will update this thread if there's any change.
It's odd. I'm at Flimwell Park, charging. I went into the cafe, the staff there said there are no requirements all the time you are charging. It is only if you finish charging, move to another bay to park, that you would have to comply with the Pay to Park signs. So who is right? Clearly if they tried to enforce a penalty you'd have grounds to not pay, IMO. The staff member seemed to know what she was talking about.

Might I suggest Newport Pagnell be added to the list. If you're not on the motorway, or heading North. You can't just use the southbound chargers (without an access code, 1977) as you can with Tebay and Charnock Richards.
Welcome Break said in a Twitter reply that you can't access the Northbound chargers via the access road when travelling southbound. "Safety" was their reason.

Hahaha. Congrats you got past the feds at the front door. Did you get to the cafe?
Funnily enough, last time when I was there, there was a gezzer, showed him my NHS badge, let me in and got to the cafe. However, the day before yesterday, went there with my son, to charge the car. Then my son desperately needed the loo and we weren't allowed in. It was someone else at the door and stopped us and even started to have a go at us because we are not allowed in. At that point, turned around and used one of the green containers as a cover for my son to go to the toilet. Rude is an understatement. Never mind, managed to charge the car anyway...
I win.

Funnily enough, last time when I was there, there was a gezzer, showed him my NHS badge, let me in and got to the cafe. However, the day before yesterday, went there with my son, to charge the car. Then my son desperately needed the loo and we weren't allowed in. It was someone else at the door and stopped us and even started to have a go at us because we are not allowed in. At that point, turned around and used one of the green containers as a cover for my son to go to the toilet. Rude is an understatement. Never mind, managed to charge the car anyway...
I win.
Id say you fooled them with the NHS pass the first time, but attempting to get in with your son was a giveaway.

Never mind. There’s a decent American diner just down the road.

It's odd. I'm at Flimwell Park, charging. I went into the cafe, the staff there said there are no requirements all the time you are charging. It is only if you finish charging, move to another bay to park, that you would have to comply with the Pay to Park signs. So who is right? Clearly if they tried to enforce a penalty you'd have grounds to not pay, IMO. The staff member seemed to know what she was talking about.
I charged at Flimwell on Sunday, read this thread so bought my wife and daughter coffee and registered at the cafe.
Because this site is convenient I emailed the parking company on Sunday saying the signage was unclear and charging for Tesla charging was unusual and possibly counter to previous agreements between the landowners and Tesla.
I have asked for clarification, as yet they haven’t replied.

Reactions: exlatccatsa
Total Parking have relied, I’ll include the email from Marie and the bit she accidentally forwarded from Rachel.

I can confirm that there is a parking tariff due whilst they charge.

Regards

Marie

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2023 10:15 AM
To: TPS Customer
Subject: RE: Tesla charging Flimwell

Hello

Can you reply to the motorist and let them know that there is a parking tariff due whilst they charge.

Thanks

R

mod comment : I’ve removed the actual email addresses

Last edited by a moderator:
Not too sure if it’s been noted already but the Superchargers at the Oxford Park & Ride - You can park up to 1 hour for free when using Ringo (the signs list another brand and is totally unclear but another Tesla driver was my saving grace) (Ringo will take 20p or so and will go back into your account) - Ringo number 3920 Redbridge Parking.
B58D04BD-A1AC-44E1-BF61-5C6F97688A5A.png

Anyone with an idea of what Transport Evolved means by this video?

Unfortunately no details in title and comments are off. Sounds like they rented a Tesla from Hertz UK.

From what I can tell Hertz just pass through Tesla Supercarging or She'll Recharge (using fob in car) fees.