Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Antielectric Road Rage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I always get a kick out of people who have probably never held a firearm let alone shooting one offering "expert" advice.
being trained is far better than not being trained if the SHTF.
Another wrong assumption. I have been shooting since I was 6 years old. Competed at the National Level in Practical Shooting (USPSA, 3-gun, etc) as of a few years ago but haven't been shooting much lately (other priorities). I have a safe full of firearms and reload my own rifle and pistol rounds.

You are twisting my words. Where did I say that not being trained was better than being trained? Nowhere. I also never claimed to be an expert. I also don't see how what I said constituted advice. I have attended a bunch of training in my day but I cannot tell you with certainty what I would do if the targets were firing back. Unless you've been in combat neither can you. I've seen plenty of people freeze up when hunting (I did my first time hunting - tracked the deer in the scope but couldn't pull the trigger) and the deer aren't going to hurt you. Once I watched a guy cycle live rounds while tracking the deer but never pulled the trigger. No matter how realistic the training is you know that you can't be hurt and so it's undeniably different than the real world. I can only hope that if I'm presented with the need to defend myself or my family I won't freeze and that my shots will be true. That was what I was saying in my last post.

At the end of the day I simply choose to live in a place where I don't need to be armed in order to feel safe. Of course it's quite possible I'm a fool as plenty of people around here are armed so what do I know.

At the end of the day I simply choose to live in a place where I don't need to be armed in order to feel safe. Of course it's quite possible I'm a fool as plenty of people around here are armed so what do I know.

Better to need it and have it, and need it and not have it. You are responsible for your own safety and the safety of your family. I love our police officers but I cant rely on response time 'in the minutes' at best when seconds matter.

Don't leave house without my car keys, wallet, cell phone, and permitted, concealed carry handgun.

All are tools, some I use more than others. In my case, one of them I hope to *never ever have to use*.

A gun does not buy you security, it only escalates the situation.

The sheer ignorance of a gun not buying you security is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. No force equalizer greater than a JHP @ 1200 feet per second.

I bought my daughter a Glock 43 when she was born and will be teaching her responsible ownership and marksmanship when she is of the appropriate age. Think Tai-Bo is going to do ANYTHING against a guy 125 lbs heavier?

Last edited:
Reactions: EnergyMax
I always get a kick out of people who have probably never held a firearm let alone shooting one offering "expert" advice.
being trained is far better than not being trained if the SHTF.

Of course, the unhappy paradox, whether you're trained or not, is that the cost of getting beaten up is much lower than the cost of killing someone. "Hey Siri, call 911" sounds pretty good to me.

I have seen this going on a few times where a big diesel pulls in front of me and then huge plume of exhaust as he drives off. We had the issue of 4 of those trucks parking in the Petaluma SC and wrapping the charge cables around their mirror or puts it in the gas tank filler neck. I'm not sure it is anti electric or just people that think you own a Tesla because your rich. Unfortunately we have many uneducated idiots driving around and looking for something to do that makes them feel good. I'm not for retaliation because it can turn into something bad and it puts you on their level.

I have seen this going on a few times where a big diesel pulls in front of me and then huge plume of exhaust as he drives off. We had the issue of 4 of those trucks parking in the Petaluma SC and wrapping the charge cables around their mirror or puts it in the gas tank filler neck. I'm not sure it is anti electric or just people that think you own a Tesla because your rich. Unfortunately we have many uneducated idiots driving around and looking for something to do that makes them feel good. I'm not for retaliation because it can turn into something bad and it puts you on their level.

If that is what YOU think is the best course of action fot YOU, great! But don't you dare try to impose or preach that nonsense to me.

Mighty big assumptions that you can even get to your phone and if they stop at "beating you up"?

Beaten up could be a busted lip to being a disabled vegetable.

Don't think I'm gonna take that chance myself.

WE have seen this going on a few times now, all in the same thread!! ;)

This has zero to do with what is being discussed, if a plume of smoke rattles you so much, consider never leaving your safe space

If that is what YOU think is the best course of action fot YOU, great! But don't you dare try to impose or preach that nonsense to me.

Mighty big assumptions that you can even get to your phone and if they stop at "beating you up"?

Beaten up could be a busted lip to being a disabled vegetable.

Don't think I'm gonna take that chance myself.

Yes, I assumed it's closer to the busted lip end of the spectrum.

But you've assumed your gun is as close as my phone. So you wear a gun, or keep one close at hand, because you're afraid of getting beaten up? In America? Every day? Really?

Yes, I assumed it's closer to the busted lip end of the spectrum.

But you've assumed your gun is as close as my phone. So you wear a gun, or keep one close at hand, because you're afraid of getting beaten up? In America? Every day? Really?

Nice assumption to bet your life on all that happens is a busted lip. In the time it takes you to remove your phone, unlock it, and try to dial Siri (you won't be able too under duress) a trained CCW holder has dealt with the situation.

It's not a manner of being afraid. It's being able to take responsibility for ones safety.

If your gun is not close to you, it's no good to you if you need it.

No CCW holder ever seeks violence and does what they can to descalate any situation. Even when not personally involved, violence can happen around them.

Back on the OP topic.....
I had never experienced this in St. Loius while I lived there, but in the three months I have been in Oklahoma, I experience this on a regular basis now. I chalk it up to ignorance primarily, but the "offender" is normally in a large Diesel Truck or Sports Car with modified exhaust.

This is the root of the problem ... :cool:

I thought to myself, the guy must be in a hurry so when the light turned green I accelerated sharply to just about the speed limit and continued without giving it further thought. Two intersections later there is a knock on my window, a guy about the size of Napoleon sporting a meticulous goatee and HUUGE pupils with a photo name tag proceeds say this:

" Hey axxhole! I have been watching pulling your stunts and speeding. Just cuz you got an expensive car you cannot go fast in town! Who do you think you are?..." I proceeded to shut the window with the same neutral facial expression and without saying a word at which he exploded. Face red, screams, middle finger and F word. He then went to his car. Thank you so much for not kicking Ted (my car).

The best way to deal with road rage is to do anything to avoid it. Just accelerating hard can put some low IQ boy racer into rage mode. For them it's loosing. Every time someone tried to challenge me I make it a point to accelerate very easy and let me go ahead. When I see someone in a hurry behind me trying to pass everyone, I make room so he can pass quickly. If someone forces his way in front of me I step on the brake (or use regen) to get enough safety distance. Things like that.

A few times I didn't follow these rules and used the power of my Tesla to not let them pass me or even got ahead of them intentionally, it ended up in road rage and very dangerous situations. Not by me, by the other driver. What's the point? Is my ego that important? I know the other person is an a$$ and will do stupid stuff to win. People running red lights, cutting others off dangerously, driving reckless to catch up. Stupid stuff. Yes I could say, it them not me doing it, but if I let them pass right from the start, or don't engage is a race with them, I'm keeping the road safer for everyone.

Road rage is all about ego. Don't let your ego make the road more dangerous for no good reason.

Last edited:
If your gun is not close to you, it's no good to you if you need it.
Far more people are killed accidentally by firearms in America than people who are killed by a licensed CCW holder defending themselves against someone who is trying to kill them.

Paranoia is no reason to carry a firearm.
Do you have a fire extinguisher in your kitchen?
Yes I do. But I don't use it to kill people.