Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any 99 Safety Scores receive FSD Beta yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I converted the Tesla Safety Score tips and rules to a PDF from the support section of Tesla's website, and searched for 100 miles, but didn't see it. It states data is collected for up to 30 days. I know all of this is chaotic, and I've seen plenty of someone said this, and I heard this, which is helpful, but I don't see the actual source for the 100 mile rule. I may have missed it, but I certainly know why people are asking. It's a system in beta. Does it work as stated ? Probably not. I'm avoiding needless miles on my car, but always interested in system analysis, but there's lots of people smarter than I am here.

From Tesla

Determining Your Safety Score
In order to calculate your daily Safety Score, we use the Predicted Collision Frequency (PCF) formula below to predict how many collisions may occur per 1 million miles driven, based on your driving behaviors measured by your Tesla vehicle. Driving on Autopilot (including 3 seconds after Autopilot is disengaged) will not be factored into the Safety Score formula, but the miles driven while on Autopilot are included in the total.
1.014495Forward Collision Warning per 1,000 Miles x 1.127294Hard Braking
x 1.019630Aggressive Turning
x 1.001444Unsafe Following Time
x 1.317958Forced Autopilot Disengagement
The current formula was derived based on statistical modeling using 6 billion miles of fleet data. We expect to make changes to the formula in the future as we gain more customer and data insights.

The PCF is converted into a 0 to 100 Safety Score using the following formula: Safety Score = 115.382324 - 22.526504 x PCF
Your daily Safety Score is not impacted by the number of miles or hours you drive. We combine your daily Safety Scores (up to 30 days) into a mileage-weighted average to calculate the aggregated Safety Score, which is displayed on the main ‘Safety Score’ screen of the Tesla app.
Note: Since vehicles with hardware older than Autopilot computer 2.0 do not measure following distance, Forward Collisions Warnings per 1,000 Miles and Unsafe Following Time is replaced by default values of 10.2 and 15.8% in the PCF formula, respectively. For these vehicles, the value of 115.382324 is replaced by 118.773666 in the Safety Score formula.
Elon stated a minimum of 100 miles. What you highlighted was about the Safety Score, not about entering the Beta.

Reactions: K5TRX
80727E97-4477-4A3D-A4EE-DC6BCED09DEB.png
2B71991B-0F2D-41BA-A9D1-BDF060461C5E.png
0481DD33-6AD0-4DA3-B67E-6A015CD95D34.png

Elon stated a minimum of 100 miles. What you highlighted was about the Safety Score, not about entering the Beta.
OK……. I somehow thought the purpose of the safety score, was among other things, to enter the beta. Remember the “button ?” Lots of people believe what Elon says… me, not so much. He tweeted a car would drive itself to New York. He does have significant influence though, and a genius. He also tweeted today he wanted to expand the beta, so I either will or won’t get it. Thx