Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any 99 Safety Scores receive FSD Beta yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are running weekly score scans. Once they scan the scoreboard, you should get it the next day. They are trying clear the 100s and 99s before Friday's release for the 98s.
I wonder if they’re back to scanning once per week or if they will every few days. I’ve been at a 99 since morning of Wednesday 10/27 when a lower score from the first week of the beta button rolled off. Still haven’t received an invite email or Beta software update.

2021 M3LR. Driven over 450 miles since opting in and 115+ miles since hitting a 99.

Reactions: colettimj
@Traveling7543 , are you using AP all of the time as much as you can or are you driving manually? can you tell me what your bad scores are or what is keeping you at 99? i got a 99 and have a follow to closely in the red. im just a bit over 100 miles across 3 days of driving.

Lately I’ve been manually driving more since usually it’s faster for me to drive on city streets to work versus the highway. I’d say breakdown for me is roughly 70% manual driving / 30% AP.

My “bad” scores were all in the 90 - 94 range and all of those occurred in the first week and a half of when they released the beta request button. In the beginning I didn’t realize how sensitive the scoring was toward breaking. Once I realized that, I was able to get my scores up. For the last few weeks I’ve been getting 99 or 100 on all of my drives, and my overall average finally hit 99 after the first couple of 90 scores from the first week rolled off.

And 2 days later I got the email & installed last night. Will go out for a drive in a bit to check it out. My worry was the note about needing to keep "continued eligibility". Does that mean that they will continue to monitor the safety score? I sure hope not...it was bad enough driving like a nun for a month, why have a car like this if you have to still do that.

Curious that I got 36.5.3, when it looks like there are two more recent versions with more users on them.

Last edited:
And 2 days later I got the email & installed last night. Will go out for a drive in a bit to check it out. My worry was the note about needing to keep "continued eligibility". Does that mean that they will continue to monitor the safety score? I sure hope not...it was bad enough driving like a nun for a month, why have a car like this if you have to still do that.

Curious that I got 36.5.3, when it looks like there are two more recent versions with more users on them.
You may not be cut out to be a test pilot for Tesla FSD program. The email describes how your driving can hurt you and kick you out. Mostly it has to do with ignoring the warnings to pay attention to the road and keep hands on the wheel. If that is too difficult then you should resign from the program. Otherwise, use and enjoy FSD beta and when it screws up report it by tapping the camera icon on the screen.

"Use Full Self-Driving Beta only if you will pay constant attention to the road, and be prepared to act immediately, especially around blind corners, crossing intersections, and in narrow driving situations. Every driver is responsible for remaining alert and active when using Autopilot and must be prepared to take action at any time.

Note that Tesla Vision also includes some temporary limitations, as noted below:

• Follow distance is limited to 2-7.
  • Autopilot top speed is 80 mph."
I suppose if you must drive faster than 80mph or tailgate the car in front of you then FSD beta is not your thing. You will notice the safety score has been removed from your daily driving. It's more about ignoring the pay attention to the road violations than anything else. At least that's what I understand.

• Disagree
Reactions: lUtriaNt
You may not be cut out to be a test pilot for Tesla FSD program. The email describes how your driving can hurt you and kick you out. Mostly it has to do with ignoring the warnings to pay attention to the road and keep hands on the wheel. If that is too difficult then you should resign from the program. Otherwise, use and enjoy FSD beta and when it screws up report it by tapping the camera icon on the screen.

"Use Full Self-Driving Beta only if you will pay constant attention to the road, and be prepared to act immediately, especially around blind corners, crossing intersections, and in narrow driving situations. Every driver is responsible for remaining alert and active when using Autopilot and must be prepared to take action at any time.

Note that Tesla Vision also includes some temporary limitations, as noted below:

• Follow distance is limited to 2-7.
  • Autopilot top speed is 80 mph."
I suppose if you must drive faster than 80mph or tailgate the car in front of you then FSD beta is not your thing. You will notice the safety score has been removed from your daily driving. It's more about ignoring the pay attention to the road violations than anything else. At least that's what I understand.
Geez, I wasn't talking about while on AP at all, just that the safety score dings you if you take a corner at any speed above granny mode, or if you are within about 10 car lengths of someone, regardless of speed. When I'm driving I sometimes want to enjoy driving. I had zero AP disengagements or collision warnings through the whole SS program. Actually I don't believe I've ever had an AP disengement in the 3 years I've had the car, and all forward collision warnings have been bogus with nothing in front of me at all.

• Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Geez, I wasn't talking about while on AP at all, just that the safety score dings you if you take a corner at any speed above granny mode, or if you are within about 10 car lengths of someone, regardless of speed. When I'm driving I sometimes want to enjoy driving. I had zero AP disengagements or collision warnings through the whole SS program. Actually I don't believe I've ever had an AP disengement in the 3 years I've had the car, and all forward collision warnings have been bogus with nothing in front of me at all.
True! I've had the same experience, but while being evaluated to qualify for the program, you had to play Tesla game. Once you're in the SS qualification testing goes away and you are back to basic pay attention rules. Is that so difficult to understand? It's not much different than Autopilot Jail you always had only now, being a test pilot you might lose your license to test FSD beta as well.

Cheer up, you might enjoy just doing a couple test drives but go back to your original profile with FSD beta turned off for the way you are used to driving.

Dis you set up a special profile for "FSD-beta" ?

had a terrible start with lots of false FCW which got me a starting score of zero - yes, zero. Fought it back up to 96 and gave up.
Opted out last Sunday. Opted back in on Thursday night just before making a road trip to Dallas for the weekend.
Kept it at 98-99 and got home Sunday with a 99 score.
Got the email last night and the update this morning and already been on a few short drives.
It really doesn't like the side roads around here that have no center line. Some are quite wide and it still drives down the middle of the road.

One thing I don't like. When it makes turns into a wide side road there is very often a little pile of debris in the triangle between all the tire paths, especially where the side road 'fans out' to meet the larger road. Usually this the place where junk like nails etc end up - and FSD drives right through it.

had a terrible start with lots of false FCW which got me a starting score of zero - yes, zero. Fought it back up to 96 and gave up.
Opted out last Sunday. Opted back in on Thursday night just before making a road trip to Dallas for the weekend.
Kept it at 98-99 and got home Sunday with a 99 score.
Got the email last night and the update this morning and already been on a few short drives.
It really doesn't like the side roads around here that have no center line. Some are quite wide and it still drives down the middle of the road.

One thing I don't like. When it makes turns into a wide side road there is very often a little pile of debris in the triangle between all the tire paths, especially where the side road 'fans out' to meet the larger road. Usually this the place where junk like nails etc end up - and FSD drives right through it.
We’re sadly a LONG way from having the car navigate even SLIGHTLY around in road obstacles probably smaller than a queen mattress.. Around here, there can be potholes that lead to CHINA. Nails in the large piles of leaves. DEAD ANIMALS in the road, from a squirrel, skunk up to small deer. At least for the first two, I’ve seen the car just want to barrel through them all no tiny deviation at all. I would Ike to think a dead dear carcass in the road, the car would steer around it, but I haven’t come into that scenario YET. Potholes, large street plates, speed bumps, squirrel, skunk, car just wants to drive straight without even a HINT of avoiding.

The car has been avoiding all large piles of leaves in my area. Infact on most roads you can't see the side marking at all - just leaves.
I have run into leaves every morning for the past three mornings, since the leaves are falling and the street crews work at about 05:00-06:30 in my area - which is exactly when I usually head to SBUX for some coffees…car doesn’t seem to notice the piles in the street at all. Usually, when I drive I try and move to the left or right of the main pile so it goes UNDER the car between the left and right wheels. M3, FSD Beta just focusses on distance from the LEFT hard medium and/or distance from any parked car and drives straight.

I have run into leaves every morning for the past three mornings, since the leaves are falling and the street crews work at about 05:00-06:30 in my area - which is exactly when I usually head to SBUX for some coffees…car doesn’t seem to notice the piles in the street at all. Usually, when I drive I try and move to the left or right of the main pile so it goes UNDER the car between the left and right wheels. M3, FSD Beta just focusses on distance from the LEFT hard medium and/or distance from any parked car and drives straight.
I've not had such large piles in the middle of the road. Just the side ...

Original AP2.0 configurations, despite having the FSD computer upgrade, will likely not make it into the beta. The cameras were changed for AP2.5 and those are what they're requiring now. Those cameras weren't swapped out during the upgrade, but Elon says they will eventually do it for no additional cost. I personally don't expect them to do it until FSD is out of beta though.

I'm in the same boat and am quite disappointed, but on the bright side we can opt out and start driving normally again.

Here is another thread about it.
Thanks for the update. I have the camera upgrade scheduled but just got notified that they probably won’t get the parts