Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any experience with 3M wraps and interruption of radar and sensors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there, I will be purchasing my Model 3 in a few days and I would like to apply a 3M 1080 Wrap on it. I am however concerned about impact on performance of sensors such as the radar for emergency braking. Does anyone have a experience with these wraps and if they have any impact on the car’s sensor functionality?
Thanks a lot for any input

We have 3M 2080 Deep Space with PPF on the front bumper. The PPF needed to be cut away for the ultrasonics on the front bumper. The rear ultrasonics seem fine with just the 3M wrap.

Whole car has ceramic coating.

No complaints from radar.
I have the exact same wrap on my car (model y) and the sensors, all 16 of them, are not working. No PPF. Any chance you can post a pic of what yours look like wrapped? 3m is saying potential installation issue.

I have the exact same wrap on my car (model y) and the sensors, all 16 of them, are not working. No PPF. Any chance you can post a pic of what yours look like wrapped? 3m is saying potential installation issue.
Model Y wrapped are the beauty shots taken by my installer over a year ago. Let me know if you need a different photo and I can go take it.