Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Fremont Ys with cargo cover/package shelf yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know we all want our cars to come with it, but does everyone here actually plan on using it? Mine always goes in the basement storage room until I sell the car. Makes it more difficult to load a stroller/bikes/groceries in the back. I guess if I had a specific need to hide something back there when street parking, I'd put the cover back.

I know we all want our cars to come with it, but does everyone here actually plan on using it? Mine always goes in the basement storage room until I sell the car. Makes it more difficult to load a stroller/bikes/groceries in the back. I guess if I had a specific need to hide something back there when street parking, I'd put the cover back.
I’d like it more for privacy even though the windows will be tinted.

Edit: Also like to add that it is the best use when you are able to place it somewhere under storage to hide it without taking up much room. VW GTI's/Golfs do this.

Last edited:
Given the price hike and minimal price difference between MYLR and MYP, it should have been included long time ago. Or maybe next round of price hike coming soon after the small upgrade.
Matrix on LR is only temporary. Rumored shortage of standard headlights.
Gonna be close! Hope you get the latest stuff. At least it will definitely have the door panels.

Getting my LR F533 next week.
Sales confirmed it comes with matrix headlight. I'll report if it comes with cargo cover.
Currious.... when did you order
So it seems the F532 people are getti g the rear cargo cover but not the F530. I'm picking up a F531 on Tuesday so I wonder if mine will have it.
Definitely let us know.
Kind of a nice thing that the regular headlights are back ordered and possibly upgrade the matrix headlights until they restock the regular ones again.

Tesla just give us all the matrix headlights please!
BMW & Audi have incredible ones too.

Sharing the VIN is not useful - Build date is all that matters. 8/4 was the cutoff for door panels. Cargo cover seemed to be a few weeks later, but not enough people have shared build date to get an idea of when it is. Mine is 8/20 and hasn't arrived yet, but was built after some posts showing the cargo cover on Fremont builds. Somewhere 8/4-8/20 is the cutoff. Usually the day you get your VIN text is the day the car was built, plus or minus 1.

Reactions: Iflyair1az
They got the new trim in the back to support the cargo cover and installed themselves I think.

Sharing the VIN is not useful - Build date is all that matters. 8/4 was the cutoff for door panels. Cargo cover seemed to be a few weeks later, but not enough people have shared build date to get an idea of when it is. Mine is 8/20 and hasn't arrived yet, but was built after some posts showing the cargo cover on Fremont builds. Somewhere 8/4-8/20 is the cutoff. Usually the day you get your VIN text is the day the car was built, plus or minus 1.
Received my vin on the 19th. I also reached out to SA so let's see what I received. This can be used as a data point.