Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Fremont Ys with cargo cover/package shelf yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why do you think it is temporary? They have even removed the cable that would go to the module now. (And the manual says that vehicles after a certain date don't have the console data ports.)
Before you dislike every single one of my posts, why not do some research for yourself? The Tesla page states that there are 4 USB-C ports included in the center console. Two in the front and two for the rear. Also Tesla is offering free retrofits for cars that were not delivered with USB-C ports.

1662478337102.png

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Before you dislike every single one of my posts, why not do some research for yourself?
I didn't. I disagreed with two posts that had incorrect information.

The Tesla page states that there are 4 USB-C ports included in the center console. Two in the front and two for the rear. Also Tesla is offering free retrofits for cars that were not delivered with USB-C ports.
The person didn't say they were missing the USB-C ports. They asked if they could get data added to the ports that they have. And no they can't as Tesla no longer provides data at the USB-C ports in the console.

Reactions: YNoVA
I didn't. I disagreed with two posts that had incorrect information.

The person didn't say they were missing the USB-C ports. They asked if they could get data added to the ports that they have. And no they can't as Tesla no longer provides data at the USB-C ports in the console.
Ah I read over the data part, I thought they were one of the people who didn't receive USB-C ports at all. My bad

The SC should have reached out to you to for a free replacement. Create a service request to get the USB-C installed
I put in a request. See what happens. When I picked up my 202 MY in November 2021 there were NO USB-C ports in the front. They were missing. At some point Tesla reached out and installed the power ONLY USB-C ports in the front. They never reached out to upgrade those ports to USB-C ports with power AND data. Hopefully they do the right thing. You can never really count on that with Tesla sadly. Fingers crossed.

I put in a request. See what happens. When I picked up my 202 MY in November 2021 there were NO USB-C ports in the front. They were missing. At some point Tesla reached out and installed the power ONLY USB-C ports in the front. They never reached out to upgrade those ports to USB-C ports with power AND data. Hopefully they do the right thing. You can never really count on that with Tesla sadly. Fingers crossed.
The manual pretty much covers this since it sounds like your Model Y was built in November of 2021.:

1662479939218.png

Reactions: NJEV-Don
In app - Parts needed:

Left = 1622252-98-B (SP, C Pillar Upper Trim, ASY, LH)
Right = 162253-98-B (SP, C Pillar Upper Trim, ASY, RH)
Parcel Shelf = 1641293-97-B END ITEM, PARCEL SHELF

Bolts:

[30mm] 1117931-00-A
and
[36mm] 1526012-00-A

Full thread: Installed! Austin MY C Pillars for Parcel Shelf
Do you also need

1670641-98-A END ITEM,TRUNK SIDE
TRIM LH. TX
1670642-98-A END ITEM.TRUNK SIDE
TRIM RH, TX

Seen many threads saying so.