Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any hints on 7.1 interface changes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems everybody now is talking about 7.1 features and limitations, but I haven't heard a lot of people talking about UI changes that seem to be coming. So I wonder if anybody has any clues on what they might be.

For me personally here goes some hoping that the traditional speedometer comes back. :)

I have no particular hopes whatsoever - so far it seems to be all about launch control nonsense so they can chase the mythical 2.8s (non-rollout) 0-60 time.

What I'd like is for autopilot/TACC to have a proper on/off switch to prevent you activating it by accident. There's a button on the end of the stalk designed for just that, and when turned off the center of the display would revert to the proper speedo we all know and love.

Oh and working satnav, working heating, a working preheat scheduler, and a working media playback system would be great too.

I have no particular hopes whatsoever - so far it seems to be all about launch control nonsense so they can chase the mythical 2.8s (non-rollout) 0-60 time.

What I'd like is for autopilot/TACC to have a proper on/off switch to prevent you activating it by accident. There's a button on the end of the stalk designed for just that, and when turned off the center of the display would revert to the proper speedo we all know and love.

Oh and working satnav, working heating, a working preheat scheduler, and a working media playback system would be great too.

yeah that button does nothing right now. I'd love if that would turn on/off the AP items, toy car, etc. that would let us choose when we want more AP features and a display that fits that need, and other times when we want to actively drive our great cars and have the more easily read realtime info in a pre 7.0 format.