Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any information on 7.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hate to start a new thread just for this but have we heard or seen anything from TM regarding what's being targeted for 7.2? We're in prime 7.2 beta testing time right now, seems strange everything has been so silent on this regard...

There's no reason why Autopilot couldn't automatically stop for stop signs and red lights, in addition to audible warnings when it detects you're going to blow through them.

I don't think the user experience would be very good with current hardware, because it has a viewing angle limited to about 50 degrees. Imagine driving with blinders on. It might warn you if it sees one — but it couldn't warn you about the ones it doesn't see, and it could miss quite a few. The next generation should be more capable.

Isn't the Mobileye camera not monochromatic only?

Indeed, most computer vision systems and driver assistance cameras are monochrome. However, they can still recognize a stop sign and know which light is red by position. I'm sure it will be big marketing thing when someone puts color driver assistance cameras in a car, whether or not it is a technical improvement.

Looks like 7.2 will be finally be including realtime SC status integrated into the navigation system..

TeslaFanboy ‏@lordsshrivas Apr 3
@elonmusk supercharger busy/free status in navigation system will really help. Can skip a busy SC for an available SC for faster charge.

Elon Musk@elonmusk
@lordsshrivas Coming soon for all Tesla cars. Just an OTA software update.

supercharger-dashboard-e1459863405108.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: MP3Mike and Nevek
I received a email from TM today confirming some of these changes:
We are working on a software update that will show the availability of each station within a certain radius of your vehicle. We are excited to add additional components to the touchscreen and plan to incorporate these features in upcoming over-the-air updates.