Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any interest in TMC meet-up before Oct. 1st event?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you're driving in from out of town, the Intercontinental in SF is a nice hotel with J1772 30amp chargers in its garage that the valets are supposed to administer. Overnight parking is an exorbitant $52 there (but not that much cheaper elsewhere in SF). My wife drove the ICE car there, though, so I don't know how well the charging thing actually works.

As Bonnie pointed out, you can probably self park in the Santana Row Tesla spots for free if you stay at the Valencia. Santana Row currently has only 1 test drive Roadster, so there should be 2 available spots (only 2 chargers though).

We're staying at the Hyatt as well...we'll be able to meet at BJ's before the Sat TM event starts.

We should be able to give a ride to 2 attendees from the Hyatt to BJ's then to TM (if anyone needs one).

Any other Canucks going?

i wil fly over with a friend "TRON" and would be pleased to have a ride from to Hotel to the events, but which Hyatt will you stay? It looks like there are 2 of them

BJ's bar it is then. What time? I think the event is at 5PM. Does anyone know if there will be food at the Tesla event? If not, a late lunch might be nice, maybe we could all meet at 1PM at BJ's bar

Should we reserve a room or just have everyone show up?

I didn't realize they made it a two day event. Some people mentioned that earlier on Saturday might work for the Sunday people. Maybe noon on Saturday then?

Last edited:
I just called BJ's brewpub. They have a back room that can fit up to 100 people. They have a two hour limit on the time they can reserve the room. They can order buffet style items if we know within 10 people or so how many will show up but they also can have people order things themselves. I think having people order for themselves might be easier.

I just called BJ's brewpub. They have a back room that can fit up to 100 people. They have a two hour limit on the time they can reserve the room. They can order buffet style items if we know within 10 people or so how many will show up but they also can have people order things themselves. I think having people order for themselves might be easier.

Might not be worth getting the buffet - BJ's food is nothing to write home about (except for their Pizzookie - this outlandish volcano-like mound of chocolate and ice cream over a freshly-baked mega cookie!). I suggested the place for the ambience and the proximity to the factory. Might indeed be better for folks to order on their own. 12pm or 1pm sound good.

I don't think they'll let us reserve the room for longer than 2 hours. I agree, would be simpler for everyone to order for themselves. I guess we could start at 1PM and then everyone could filter out into the bar area for another hour before heading to the event.