Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any interest in TMC meet-up before Oct. 1st event?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dsm363

Roadster + Sig Model S
May 17, 2009
Nevada
I wouldn't know how to organize something for a large party but maybe someone local would know a good place that people going to the event could meet up before if they wanted to. I imagine reserving a room at a bar or something might be possible and maybe Tesla Motors could set it up for us. Any thoughts?

I wouldn't know how to organize something for a large party but maybe someone local would know a good place that people going to the event could meet up before if they wanted to. I imagine reserving a room at a bar or something might be possible and maybe Tesla Motors could set it up for us. Any thoughts?

Great idea! I'm in. I'd recommend this place a couple of exits north from the factory - lunch or drinks that afternoon, maybe?!:
http://www.bjsrestaurants.com/locations/ca/newark

BJ's brewhouse sounds good. If we get a rough idea of how many people are going, we can call them and reserve a side room if they do that. Probably best to wait until we know exactly what time the event starts. If anyone else has suggestions for a good place even closer, go ahead and mention it. For those without transportation, we could all cab it to the event too.

Everyone wear a name tag with your TMC name on it too=)
I have been disappointed that Tesla has not provided name tags at previous events. I suppose they don't because some of the target customers are people who carefully guard their privacy, but I see these events as a great opportunity to meet other drivers. I'm local and would be up for the proposed gathering.

I'd be interested if non-Roadster-owning TMC members are invited. But if you guys want to keep it to an owners' group thing that's totally understandable.
Anyone is welcome (reservation holders, Roadster owners, their guests...basically anyone going to the event or who lives close enough and wants to make the trip). You're welcome to come of course. Don't know when or where it will be yet though. Probably afternoon Oct. 1st sometime.

Yeah, this is a TMC meet-up, not a Roadster-owner meet-up. Everyone on the board is welcome. I'll have to wait and see as it gets closer if we can make it to the meet-up - once Tesla give us more details about the event I'll be able to figure it out.